Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My build had come to a halt until I decided to dmr my we scar with an hpa tank. In case you have not seen alyan airsoft's magazine builds I am planning essentially the same thing. My plan involves tapping the top part of a co2 magazine to hpa and removing the top from a hi-cap magazine then running the co2 magazine top onto it with the wire tracing out the back. Exactly like this video here:
The problem is that nobody has released a tutorial and if this works I plan to release one so everybody can do this. Here is my planned build:

Externals:
We Scar
Madbull PWS rail extension
Scar QD suppressor
Angry gun stock adapter
Magpul UBR

Internals:
RA-Tech aluminium NPAS
RA-Tech replacement flute valve (increase consistency)
Angry Gun recoil spring
RA-Tech Stinger hopup
ZCI 455mm 6.02 r-hopped and lapped down to .5 micron
HPA rig running 800 psi strait into a Co2 magazine port

Is my hpa plan suicide because it is a bit worrying but as far as I can tell the magazine was made to take c02 from a cartridge running at 800 psi and I am wondering if it can handle the psi from a hpa tank. The other option is to run regulated air at around 100 psi into it but with the co2 valve I am wondering if that will fail to function.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Your gun will probably explode when using 800 psi HPA. Good luck with that :).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your gun will probably explode when using 800 psi HPA. Good luck with that :).
Doubtful because the c02 magazines are prepped and regulated internally to run on strait c02 from a cartridge. The worry is that even when regulating hpa down I could not get the fps higher then hpa because the c02 magazines regulate it down on their own.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I think the problem will be to find a line that can take 800psi directly.
Otherwise, running directly off a paintball tank(~800psi like c02) should be no problem.
You are after all, dealing with the same pressure.

If the gun also is able to run on green gas magazines, you will need a magazine valve with higher flow, like the ones made for green gas.
A co2 valve are too restrictive, for low pressure(100psi).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so how would I modify a greengas magazine to release a higher psi or modify a co2 valve. Do the greengas valves release an amount of gas or a specific psi?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm actually working on doing one of these myself, the plan is to machine a new co2 "fake mag" that will sit in the mag well and have an elbow screwed into it in the vicinity of the magwell which will go to the external supply

in the meantime, the magwell takes standard lowcaps and you gbbbbb all the way home :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Ok so how would I modify a greengas magazine to release a higher psi or modify a co2 valve. Do the greengas valves release an amount of gas or a specific psi?
It comes down to choice...
Green gas valves are designed for low pressure input(Like 120 psi), but high flow.
Co2 valves are made for high pressure input(Like 800 psi), but low flow.

If you release 800psi with a green gas valve, something will blow up, as it will release high pressure with high flow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts