Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I've been airsofting for awhile, however I have just recently been getting into high powered sniper load outs. This was my first ground up build for a long range AEG and decided to go with an aeg since I already had more experience with AEG internals.

The externals are about finished with the exception of some painting (opted out of wrapping the gun in burlap/veg since where I play has a lot of thorns) and some minor balance adjustments. The internals however are not near complete as I have a Air leak somewhere and have some accuracy mods to complete.

Thanks for looking and this was a complete 100% ground up build. I did not start start with a base AEG. If you have questions or comments feel free to leave them. =D

anyway on to what you came here for.

just realized these pics are old I will post some more recent ones in a bit.

Since this photo shoot I added a full stock, removed the rear backup sight (needed to accommodate the eye relief on the acog) , and some minor barrel stabilization mods which I saw while reading this forum.

tactical rust costs extra :l

..............................................................................................
Figured I would add some internals.
Overall it shoots 475FPS with .2s
Also has a relatively quiet report compared to what i'm used to.

G&P Hop up chamber (looking into another chamber here although i'm getting good results as of right now.)
Firefly Hop up bucking
madbull nub
Madbull 6.03 Black Python (I'm looking into the modify inner barrels though. They're interesting to say the least)

Modify gb shell
Modify bushings
G&P lucid cylinder
Aim metal cylinder head with double o-rings
Deepfire half piston
Systema torque-up helical gears
Prometheus m150
Matrix air brake aluminum piston head
Aim Torque up motor
G&P v2 metal nozzle with o ring.
currently a infected armory AB mosfet probably switching soon.

Again pictures to come*

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok now to explain myself. haha.
The vltor modpod was chosen over a harris bipod because of the way it folds. The modpod is much more streamline then the harris which allows me to move through briers without having to worry about one of the legs getting snagged. In fact the modpod folds to the top side of the rail.

^Ignore the lower receiver. The lower I use for the SPR is with a friend to get tapped to visibly lock out full auto. I used the lower from my m4 so I could use it for that particular weekend.

I do agree on the stock. I would like to get a PRS eventaully. More on that below.

the pistol grip was chosen to model a lwrc m6a2 VPR that i had seen and for its functionality.
http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ss10/huge/P1030273.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ss10/huge/P1030274.jpg
^this is the VPR (real steel)

That is really what i wish it was, but with a longer RAS of the same style and a gas block hidden by said RAS.

Also, I don't have a longer mag in the gun because with the mags I have they are to long and the mag will rest on the ground before the pistol grip. Granted my mags are a little longer because I use ranger plates on them to speed up reloading with my m4.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've never actually seen a PRS in person, but I was under the impression that it would hold a decent sized 11.1v lipo by a video ehobby used to have.
The main thing I never wanted on a precision rifle was a retractable stock. No real steel precision rifles that I have seen have a retractable stock with the exception of retractable stocks which have stationary cheek rests. The only two that actually come to mind are the ACE Sopmod and Magpul UBR. Neither of which can store batteries.

What do you consider a high-end DMR?

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
goldentrigun said:
I've never actually seen a PRS in person, but I was under the impression that it would hold a decent sized 11.1v lipo by a video ehobby used to have.
The main thing I never wanted on a precision rifle was a retractable stock. No real steel precision rifles that I have seen have a retractable stock with the exception of retractable stocks which have stationary cheek rests. The only two that actually come to mind are the ACE Sopmod and Magpul UBR. Neither of which can store batteries.

What do you consider a high-end DMR?
The URB can hold an 11.1v 1200 mAh stick LiPo, depending on the size of (or if you have) the mosfet. I run one on my SHRIKE with no problems.

I presume the PRS would be similar.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is rather strange. The way my UBR mounts to my m4 doesn't allow me to store batteries. Half of the stock tube is taken up by the mounting block which attaches the UBR to the lower.
Maybe its a different version of UBR as I picked mine up from ebay rather then purchase one for the 175USD premium on most websites.

EDIT: I do have a different version (probably a knock-off) as the video on ASGI has a different cap on the buffer. Either way though with my mosfet I don't think I would be able to fit my 11.1v stick inside. Especially with the way I currently have it wired. Unless there is extra space on the end due to the way the PRS is.

EDIT: Added internals to the end of the OP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
heya i got the same system as you now, i will post a pic if you want to use front wiring, u can buy ome really thin lipos i ve tested them they fit perfectly into mine:HOT POWER 7.4V 1100mAh 15C Lithium Battery (Twins) got them from e hobby
my rifle got a g&p m5 ras, and magpul prs stock, and i got my lipos in the front guard

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yours isn't free float where as mine is. :/
So I won't be able to put a battery inside the hand guard at all.

It may be best just to stick with the full stock that I have. There isn't any other suitable solution and it isn't like the full stock looks bad anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.