Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Hoggie here. Recently while using my ECHO 1 Advanced Sniper Rifle, my bullets have been taking a heavy hang to the left when shot. I normally can hit 100 or so feet, and then it starts flying left. It always is flying at a left angle when shot.

My gun currently does have some upgrades in it installed by myself, and I may have slipped up. I installed a 6.01mm Tightbore Barrel by Edgi, and an ECHO 1 Spring Upgrade Kit (Spring, Piston, Spring Guide).

I have a person assumption it may be something inside of my hop-up unit. Currently, I have no idea.

My gun does shoot around 550 FPS, and I use KSC .3g BB's. Could that be a factor aswell?

I can send pictures of any part of my gun including internals/externals. Thanks guys.

**UPDATE**
So I got into my hopup unit, the rubber piece in the hop-up unit (Bucking) was basically crunched down, and one side was basically like a sock rolled up, expect the right side was much longer, I went ahead and redid that, and made sure it was correctly installed.
I currently haven't shot it yet, I'm praying that is the reason.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Fatcat is right, I had a problem with this as well but with mine, the BBs (not bullets ;) ) were curving way right. To fix this:
1. Check out the hop up. There are numerous things that could be causing this, such as the bucking or nubbin being misaligned.

However, my problem was not the bucking or nubbin installed incorrectly, but the hop up chamber itself was rotated when it (barrel and chamber) was pushed inside the outer barrel. What happened was as I pushed the chamber inside, it slightly turned to the right. Therefore, the nubbin was on a angle, dominating the right side, thus causing the curving.

To check this, place the inner barrel/hop up chamber in the outer barrel, and look through one end. Check to see if the nubbin is directly on top, or if it has been slightly turned to a side. This means the hop up chamber has been rotated to the side slightly.

(This is information based on the PDI hop up chamber.)

Let me know if this works, if not I will list other problems that could be causing this.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*Fixed errors in typing.

I currently use KSC .3 Gram BB's bought from Airsoftgi.com, I believe those are above standard BBs and I do not think the BBs are the issue.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Hoggie, I am going to have to give you a warning.

1. Fatcat politely told you to make an intro post and you totally disregarded that.

2. Grammar and punctuation (Capitalize the "I"s): Your posts look incredibly sloppy...Your first post was much better than the last two.

3. Double posted. Just use the edit button.

Please read the rules, as so far, you have not done so. But I am in a generous mood, so I will get rid of that warning for you if you fix up your posts, read the rules, and send me a PM saying you did so. After all, everyone deserves another chance. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.