Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am back again, but this time more for my brother. So I am thinking about planning a game since some friends, and cousins have gotten some really good guns and have been dying to play again, and I have been wanting to actually use my SVD in a game. But, my brother hasn't been able to replace his gun yet, and was upset with the high prices of the type he wants(m14 or m4).

Anyways, I was just curious and looked on Ebay, and found some already upgraded m14s and m4s for under their original prices, with extra mags and stuff. I am a bit cautious though because it seems a little weird that someone would sell such good guns for way less than they are worth.

Anyone think it is okay to buy from Ebay? Also wondering since I kind of wanted to see if I could get a good AEG for when I don't snipe.

· Registered
298 Posts
As long as you can tech it yourself or have a local tech, its a risk. Buts its a risk buying second hand anyways.

· Registered
212 Posts
Always check the sellers feedback (including how much they've sold) and the full description of the item being sold. You'll also want to educate yourself with whatever the seller is selling (ie. Look for GOOD reviews, learn about the internals it takes [gearbox version] and any potential problems the gun may be prone to having).

If you pay with something like say PayPal you can file a dispute if something goes horribly wrong and if it turns out to be the sellers fault then you can at the very least get your money back.

And if your still unsure about the gun, ask questions about around forums. A lot of the time experienced members will help you out in deciding if the gun is worth it or not. Good luck man.

· Administrator
6,321 Posts
Yes Tyson is right, pay via paypal and you can do something if you received a broken gun or something.

I haven't bought anything Airsoft related from eBay but I have some other stuff.

Wolf

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the description for the JG M4 S-system my brother was looking at said that the motor needs to be replaced, and that has me not very comfortable with buying from there now, since I have no idea on how to work on electric guns.

Plus I didn't think about shipping, just remembered my brother had ordered bagpipes from eBay and the price of shipping was like $20-100.

· Registered
509 Posts
Just my 2 cents, I think eBay is a great place to buy but with the above mentioned cautions. Keep an eye on shipping, check seller ratings and make sure there are a lot of good ones, know about the gun, and know how to tech or have access to someone. I bought my kwa sr12 off eBay for 265 and several other airsoft related items and never had a problem. As for the jg itself, they are generally great guns. I know many people with jg m4/16 variants and have one myself. They perform very well and upgrade well but as with any airsoft gun they will break down sometime especially if you push it. But it isn't a big deal if you or someone else has the knowledge to fix it. That said the motor isn't a big deal as long as the gun doesn't have much wear on it and the seller has good ratings and will vouch for its functionality otherwise. I always like to message the seller and get confirmation of something like that so you have his word incase you have to open a claim. Just a side note, the g&g m130 (high torque) motor is a great upgrade/replacement. I have it in mine and love it. Just getting a jg blue wouldn't be bad either and a little cheaper. Overall they are good guns if you have some knowledge if you can get it for around 120. I saw a jg m4a1 with a big parts lot that looked really good. I was tempted. Had a rail with it and all sorts of spare parts. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

· Registered
3,685 Posts
You legit just buy the thing and you're good.

I suggest looking at Evike, Amped Airsoft, Airsoft GI, or Airsoft Atlanta.
If you click on the popup on Evike and enter an email, you'll get $20 off your first order, and if your cart is over $149 before your discount you'll get free shipping.

What are you looking to get exactly?
Wanna make sure it's not something that'll suck a lot, or die pretty fast.

· Super Moderator
4,221 Posts
Good God a 10 year necro post.... I should slap the whole lot of you. Don't do it again.

• Love
Reactions: Leo Greer
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.