Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys it came today!!

I am talking about my new Classic Army M14 EBR. And I must say I was throughly impressed.

The weight on this thing is massive. The shipping weight was at 15 lbs, so the overall rifle is around 13.5 lbs I would estimate. Over all looks and feel of the rifle is SOLID! There is very little movement in the stock itself, but then again it is a wire stock.

The metal work on her is astounding. Very nice metal work on it and not noticing any seam lines or anything like that. The working bolt catch on her is a nice touch.

Though I did want the so-com version I got the match, due to the so-com being out of stock and me not wanting to wait 5 weeks to get my rifle..

Now I have not been able to fire the rifle as someone forgot to buy a battery with the rifle... So no shooting tonight :( Though I am going to borrow one from a friend and see how she performs. The paper from airsoftgi said that it was going 405 fps with .20's, so I will defiantly test that out to make sure.

I do have a game planned this weekend back in my home town. So we should be able to get a good idea of how she does perform.

And now for the sexy pics...... already dark here so had to do indoors. Will get better pics in a day or so...

M14 stock extended next to bar-10 for size comparison
and stock retracted

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL.... Yeah ... I am more and more thinking that I am going to go with the Well MB06 as a base for a recon sniper rifle. Finding that I should be able to get all APS-2 parts for her... May be able to use the metal trigger box I have for a cheap L96 I got from a friend...

Damn I love the winter months

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well did some more testing with her the past few days......

The rate of fire on this this is awesome:D Then again I have been using my boltie for a while so anything has an awesome rate of fire. I don't plan on using the full auto much any where.

At around 30 yard I can get a really nice group. So I have decided to just keep this as a DMR rifle. As the way she shoots now I don't plan on changing anything in the rifle. May get a new bucking or something, but other than that not much is needed.

Now the rifle is very front heavy. But with a nice sling that wont be to bad. The stock does have a little wobble in it, but considering that it is a wire type stock, it is really good.

The over all build on the rifle is very nice. All CNC metal all over on the body of the rifle. The metal work is very nice. Though the edges are fairly sharp

The one thing that I do not like about the rifle is how the battery goes into the rifle. There are three screws that you have to take out of the "hand grip" in order to get the battery into the rifle. And I can see this causing some trouble when it comes to getting a battery in the rifle during game days. Though I plan on getting a PEQ box for it so I don't have to worry about it.

Over all I really like the rifle. Will get some more pics of her later
Any questions just ask

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
woogie said:
I am going to go with the Well MB06 as a base for a recon sniper rifle.
So, I finaly got round to looking through my unread posts after my jolly away and read the above post, the relavance to this I had no idea what an MB06 looked like.... did a search, and now am wiser :-[

The relavence to this post.... I had 1 of those yeeeeeaaaaaars ago that I made myself, it was infact made from my very first sniper rifle, a CA M24 and a slab of American toplar wood.

And looked like this....

I sold it on about 4 years ago, as its replacement is stood next to it in the last picture ;)

Back on topic..... Ooooh!!! EBR!! Mmmmmm!! Just feel the weighty goodness!!

When is some one going to do a Troy MCS body? thats what I want to know? ???

All the weight of an EBR and somewhere to put the battery at the back to keep the balance :)

I gota G&G SOC16 sitting here, just crying out to be sheathed in metal ;)

Mind you I'd settle for just a back end conversion so you can fit a Crane stock on my EBR, as I aint flush enough to be buying the full G&P conversion, and then Im not sure I could bring myself to set to it with a grinder so I can fit my G&G box in it like I did to the EBR ;)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL...

Yeah was looking at getting one of those for a recon rifle.. But the sale fell through so I am keeping my bar-10 and tweaking that.

She is sexy ... alright..

And did you do the cammo there on that middle rifle?!?! That is thing is sick!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
woogie said:
And did you do the cammo there on that middle rifle?!?! That is thing is sick!
Yes mate

I do all my own camo jobs ;)

IIRC there is a close up of it in my 'Paint your Wa...gun' thread in the tech section :)

Found it in my pic server.....

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
woogie said:
I love it ... I also like the zip tie bi-pod holder.. ;)
:-[.....There is actualy a stud in there, but it was only a 1/4" thread screwed into a plastic block that was part of the shroud, that extended in the the suppressor, that...... oh its complicated ;) suffise to say, they were only there to stop it getting ripped off when in the thick of it :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.