Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all .
After disassembling and reassembling the rifle in order to put a new T/B barrel a number of problems occurred , that puzzled me a lot since it is a brand new rifle and except that, everything else is still stock .

In particular , the gun jammed every second round (round chambered , piston perfectly held by the shear but when the I pull the trigger all I got was a "pffffft" sound and no round fired - I had to re-cock couple of times to properly fire the weapon. Of course I had to take out the mag as in a real gun to avoid double feed) , some times the rounds just fell out of the barrel and I noticed that they were marked as if they were rubbed in force against metal or when they eventually fired they followed a right hand trajectory and the range was worst than stock barrel .

Anyway after some experimentation I found the culprit to be the small screw that holds the hop-up into position .

It seems that if you tight it enough , it press the hop-up against the upper part of the receiver and makes the nozzle not to fit in properly when cocked .

I left the screw loose (it just holds into position) and "voila" everything works now as advertised . It even unleashed the full potential of the new barrel .

It seems to me like a design flaw (otherwise for an excellent rifle) and I'm trying to think of a better way to secure the hop-up into position than that horrible little screw .

I'm open to suggestions .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guys can you help me? I have problem with my HU in M24. I have to change HU rubber, and I don't know with one is better... Everyting was ok, but now when I shoot BB's fly away, but I don't have good concentration.

Better is this one (Red Prometheus)

or this one (G&G)

From what I know, better is G&G. Last time I used Prometheus. I have 300% cylinder, precission barrel, HU from PDI. ~620fps (0.20).

Thanks for answering.

·
Registered
974 Posts
That G&G hopup you picture is for the Tanaka M24's and 700's. The Prometheus is the only one that you can use out of the two you pictured. Try out a stock Tokyo Marui hopup rubber and see how that goes, they're very accurate.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I use one with my 530fps setup and it works just fine. It won't last as long as a Prometheus hard bucking like Roman already said but it will be more reliable. If you want something that's going to last longer then go for the Prometheus.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'd say TM rubber to, I had one in my 497fps M24 and it never failed me. The promy rubber is proper hard and you do need to be putting out over 550fps to get any noticable spin out of it, but as you are using in excess of that the promy 1 will also be fine ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry to make a slight necro post, but I felt this was a goof area to do so. I recently bought the Promy Hard Type for my CA M24, that is about 560 fps. I'm getting ready to install and had two questions:
1. What steps, if any, should I take to insure the life of the bucking/ PDI Hop Up (which I also bought).
2. What is the tiny red piece on the bottom right in the above picture, and how do you install it.

Thanks for the help,
-Wyat

·
Registered
346 Posts
The small piece is the nub, but isn't large enough for the pdi chamber. You can use the standard PDI one, some insulated wire, or put spacers on either side. My current setup is a SCS (nubbin') spaced with a cut up PDI nub, which works very well (actually, it's generally accepted as the BEST nub out there, and after a good tb, bucking, and bbs it's your best bet for increased accuracy).

For the record, a nub/nubbing is the small rubber piece that acts as a buffer between the hop up lever arms and the actual bucking.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks man. That helps. I decided just to use the one that came with the Promy bucking, and it seems to work okay for now. I'll start the mod you suggested as soon as I can. Thanks again for the help,
-Wyat

·
Registered
346 Posts
No problem man. The ones that come with AEG buckings are just liable to lose its zero/be inconsistent because they aren't large enough to cover the breach of the PDI hop up unit and apply even pressure. Hence the mod with the spacers

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
When you say normal sniper barrel over an AEG barrel, are you under some misguided elution that its super mega special 100% better than an AEG barrel because it says sniper in front of it?

As an aside to this, can someone else answer the question as I had a fixed hop in mine, and I know that took AEG barrels ;)

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I think he meant if he can use the stock barrel with his m24 with the pdi hop up chamber instead of buying an aeg barrel. Doubt he thinks just because "sniper" tags along with the name of the barrel, that its better, although you never know these days.

I do not know the answer to this, but am trying to help clear things up so that someone else can answer his question :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hahaha no, im not under some illusion about that. Actual sniper barrels VS aeg barrels are different at the hopup end. They dont have the grooves for the c-clamp (at least the one i have doesnt) and they dont have the groove for the AEG hopup bucking in them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Im not looking to use the stock barrel, I got a 6.04 tightbore that extends through my muzzle break, but it is the type like you would find in an APS2 not an AEG barrel. I got it for ridiculusly cheap because the shop i go to had it laying around in the back, if it doesnt work with the PDI hop up, oh well... But if it does that would be great. The stock barrel in the m24 IS an AEG barrel unless im mistaken, but it looks exactly like one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.