Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
READ THROUGH THE ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE DOING ANYTHING TO THE MAGAZINE AS I MADE CHANGES AND UPDATES IN MY OTHER POSTS[/size]

Ok so I know how frustrating it is to search for CA M24 magazines so I decided to order several M24 series magazines to see how well they would fit in my own CA M24.

I found that this magazine (Spare 24+1 Magazine for Snow Wolf M99 / LRSA / Javelin M24 Sniper Airsoft Rifles):
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=31643

Was the best fit so I did a quick modification and voil

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much woogie!

Update 1:

Having played around with the magazine a little more I realise that when you insert the magazine with the rifle fully assembled it does not click into place. This was ok for me because my mag had been sanded down to barely fit into the mag-well and I broke most of my finger-nails trying to pry it out.

So beware, try to sand down the mag to a point where it still fits tightly into the mag-well without falling out.

This is where I refer to the broken fingernails trying to pry the magazine out.

This was my fix:

I used raincovers because they were low profile and can be slid into any part of my vest, you could use a RIS rail foregrip.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Try to sand it down a little bit more, and then look at replacing the spring that is in the mags.

I did this with the CA mags that I had for my old M24, and when you would hit the release button on the mag, it would literally shoot the mag out of the rifle

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update 2:

Sanded down all of the sides a little more and then checked how well it was fitting into the actual hop-up chamber. Turned out that is what was holding the mag in so tightly. This may vary in other rifles as my PDI hop-up chamber is bashed forward a little bit from the extensive shooting it has had. This should be the first thing you check before sanding anything.

Sanded down the magazines feeding tower as shown in red ovals.

Since I had sanded down all of the sides so much it actually made the magazine to loose for the mag-well so I put a bit of electrical tape at the back to compensate for the lost plastic and it turned out to be a great magpul.

I got a bit pic happy but in my defense tinypics' new anti-bot comes up with hilarious sentences.

Anyways this is probably my last post regarding the magazine compatability I hope it helps someone who breaks/looses their CA M24 mag.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Was able to fix the PDI chamber in the rifle, and now you shouldn't have to sand the front or the rear of the "tower" on the rifle.

When I get a few mags I will get some pics as well.

Again thanks for the great rifle man ;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've got 4 of those, and no amount of sanding/dremmeling will allow me to load and unload them without a screwdriver.

Such a pity, this rifle is so quiet and shoots so straight!
Uh-oh... So its not as clear as it looks in the pictures above? I was about to order a dozen mags,... perhaps I should only order a couple to make sure it works on my gun first. Dang.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.