Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start off, i know very little about airsoft and airsoft sniper rifles. But recently i recieved a CA M24 (used and I was told it had some upgrades) and expierenced some problems with it. The mag wouldnt fit inside of it, and when i examined the gun i noticed this was because a small brass knob on the inner barrel was moving around and blocking the mag from fitting in nice and snug. I also noticed there were several broken airsoft BBs between the thing you pull back and barrell. So i took the gun apart and cleaned out all the broken pellots, but the barrel is still moving around. I understand im not using any airsoft jargon and that this might sound confusing, but if you can offer an advice I would appreciate it.
attatched are 3 photos of what i have apart. My two questions are 1) what is the screw shown to the left of the little slot for, and 2) why is the barrel moving and how can i make it stop (movement is shown between photos 2 and 3).
im not sure how to post more then 1 picture in a post so im just going to post 3 times.

·
Registered
445 Posts
First you need to make a intro post, also you need to use proper punctuation and spelling( like capitalizing your I's). I have never had a CA M24 so I can not help you on this, sorry.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Xaokx, glad you could make it over here. I forgot to mention on the other forum that you should make an intro post so we can get to know you. Also, grammar and punctuation is a rule here, unlike over at the other forum. No biggie, just make sure to follow it from here on out.

Hopefully Woogie or Dutton can get on here and help you out.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Posted by xaokx on Today at 18:23
the airsoft BBs were between the barrel with the spring that i took out and the little knob thing thats moving between pictures 2 and 3
I am going to assume that you are talking about the bolt assembly?

I am not sure why there were bb fragments in the cylinder, but I suppose if a bb broke and it got inside of the nozzle and into the cylinder. What does the piston look like? I am assuming that it would be fairly chewed up, due the shards inside of it.

And it sounds like your inner barrel and hop up chamber is loose. That allen screw that you see on the side of the "window"... That could be to tight, causing the chamber not to stay in the same spot.

My rifle came with a little bit of problems, but nothing to extreme. That and mine came with a PDI hop chamber right off the bat, so all good here.

Where I would start at.....

1.. Find as much info on the rifle as you can. Like what was upgraded in the rifle, and what the past owner did to it.
2.. Tear down the rifle and lean how the all the parts work in the rifle.
3.. If you have any problems with the rifle, take pics and let us know.
4.. Make sure that all the parts are clean, and that all screws are tight, but not so tight.

And like others have already said..... welcome to the forum, and stop by the introductions part of the forum and let us know a little bit about yourself. And we are kind of sticklers around here with spelling and grammar. It just makes things a lot easier to read and understand, epically for the members that English isn't their first language.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, thanks for the advice. A friend of mine sold me the rifle complete with scope and bipod for $65 so i figured i could clean it up and resell it for a little profit. The problem is this friend knows almost nothing about airsoft and so he couldnt give me any specifics on what the upgrades are, just that when he picked it up a couple years back the salesmen said it had been upgraded internally.

I have some free time tommorow so I'll see about taking the gun completely apart and if I have any questions I'll post them on this thread.

The one thing I noticed about the gun my first time going through it was that the safety switch is missing from it. Is this something I should see about replacing? Personally I dont think it's needed, but I want to know if organized airsoft in the US requires the switch as a safety feature.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got around to taking apart my gun and cleaning it up, and i think i found out why the inner barrel is moving around. It looks like the set screw will not tighten down the hopup through the barrel. Is the set screw 5/32-36? And can I retap the barrel threads to another size or will it cause problems with the gun? If you need pictures of the hopup or barrel let me know and I will take them.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
You should be able to use a larger grub screw to hold it. I wouldn't worry about tapping the hop up to be honest, as it is probably brass, so it will thread itself.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Scotishsniper, since this thread hasn't been posted in for 3 months, I presume he found a solution to his problem. In the future, please refrain from posting in a thread that has been inactive for more than several weeks.

If you do have some good advice, please create a new thread for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.