Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forums and this is my first post. I have read the other threads concerning the M24, and I think I may know what the issue is, but I want to ask anyway. Here's what seems to be happening. I cock the gun, then, when I pull the trigger, the trigger just "clicks". It won't fire the round. When I remove the lower assembly from the upper, and pull the trigger again, the gun fires, but I have to pull the trigger back farther then normal. I don't know very much about this gun, and am kind of new to upgrading/ fixing airsoft weapons, so it would be nice if we could talk in lameness terms per say. Other pertinent issues might be the fact that I have the 300% cylinder kit installed, and am using KSC .30 BB's. I really enjoy this forum, and hope that we can work together to solve this problem. If it would be best to order the PDI Trigger and Hop Up, that I can also do. These are the ones I was looking at:
http://www.x-fire.org/m24/e.m24_newtrigger.html (Trigger)
http://www.x-fire.org/aps2/e.aps2_chamber.html (Hop Up)

Thanks for any help rendered,
-Wyat

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey man, thanks for the help. However, I'm unsure which screw your referring to. I got these two pictures from the M24 guide you have in your sig, and I was wondering if you or anyone else could point out the screw. Here are the two pictures:

Thanks for any help rendered,
-Wyat

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Its the one on the back of the actual trigger, that pushes on the sear. It can be a bit of a fiddle to get at, and like zulu says once set a dab of something sticky stops it from undoing. you will have to keep an eye on it though as when I sold mine it was fairly well worn, so the occasional dab grease woundnt go amiss either ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great. Thanks for the response. I've located the screw and got it ready to adjust, but I'm nor sure which way to turn it. Do I want it to extend farther out from the trigger, ie. looser? Or do I want it to come further in, ie. tighter? Sorry about the noob questions. Also, do you guys have any opinions about the upgrades listed in my original post? Thanks again for the help,
-Wyat

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I cant remember which way does what now :-/ Its been 3 years since I sold the rifle :'( You'll have to look in the mech and judge what happens when you adjust the screw ;) I had the 300% cylinder in mine, plus a heavily modded standard hop chamber as I 'm not a fan of the PDI twin arm set up, to much arsing about for my liking, when a quick twist of the barrel does the same thing ;) Still got a hankering to get another one, but I love my VSR so much I dought it would see much action :-/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, turns out that you turn it out to make the trigger pull lighter, which is what I needed. The trigger now works. Yay! However, I now have a new problem. When I shoot the gun, the bb's only go about 5-10' and then fall, with very little fps. I'm not sure if this has to do with the trigger, but I think it has to do with the hop-up. There was a small, rubber o-ring that went around the hop-up, here's a picture.

It has come off totally in chunks. I kept shooting anyway, as there is another one underneath it and I thought it was okay. It worked okay, but now it doesn't work at all. Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks again for the help,
-Wyat

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to give an update. I bought the PDI M24 HU chamber from X-Fire (great shipping by the ay), and got the Promy Red bucking from Airsoft Smith. Now, before I put them together, is there anything I should be aware of, or anything I can do for either unit to preserve longevity and correct behavior? Any help would be appreciated.
-Wyat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.