Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a cheap single shot shotgun must seem out of place on a sniper forum, but I built it with a DMR role in mind and feel this is exactly the place where it might find some appreciation.

It now uses AR aeg magazines, which was a real challenge to pull off but it runs beautifully, and a few modified Remington parts.
Snow Slope Freezing Composite material Electric blue

I'll just post a pic and see if it generates any interest. I'm happy to share more about it if anyone likes.
Machine gun Plant Air gun Trigger Gun barrel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thats pretty awesome, range, accuracy, BB weight, barrel/hop?
Sorry, I meant to post those stats up front but when I dug out my chrono I discovered I had left the batteries inside and the ground wire corroded off.

I remember it shot way too hot with an M170 spring and can't remember if I went with an M120 or M130. I can't remember what barrel I used either, but it has the factory Maruzen 870 nub, that much is hard to forget because I had to mill a custom pocket for it.

That's what sucks about ASR going down, I had posted all those details. I intend to fix the chronograph and get some targets to get sighted in and tune it further as I really want a performer not a case queen. I spent the money on the Burris spread bead and William's ghost ring sight and had them co-wittnessing and remember it had some reach, but I have to do my diligence to harvest any reliable info as I reacquaint myself with it.

One thing I addressed was the annoying twang. I don't know if it's what they call an air brake, I machined a little cylinder with a bull nose and attached it to the front of the piston so as to create and air seal just before the piston head slams against the front of the cylinder.

I'll try to solder that wire and get some fps and joule numbers tomorrow.
Wood Rectangle Font Gadget Art
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Font

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Man, that's pretty hardcore.

For the spring twang, try putting some heat shrink tubing around the post/spring guide that the spring goes over, until there's no wobble but no resistance, unless you want to lower the power a little bit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Funny enough, some of those g&p single shot springer shotguns were quite the range monsters. Neat build.
Yeah I was always impressed with what they could do stock and wondered about any potential. It's not a PDI barrel but it is something, might have been that guy in the Philippines edgi I think, or KM, whatever I used it has a different hop spring and power spring so I hope I can make it a tack driver.
Man, that's pretty hardcore.

For the spring twang, try putting some heat shrink tubing around the post/spring guide that the spring goes over, until there's no wobble but no resistance, unless you want to lower the power a little bit.
I would have but it doesn't twang at all now. It has an aftermarket spring guide with a bearing but really after I added that tip to the piston head it was completely gone. I thought about some hidden internal baffles to hush some of the muzzle report, but it's already super quiet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ok I'm kind of perplexed.

I fixed my chrono. With .30g Madbull precision bb's I'm averaging 340fps, I think that's 1.6 joules. Not a power house but digging through old parts I found my 2 angs M120 and M130 springs, so probably have the stock spring.

The barrel length is 345mm. It's brass with a healthy O.D. maybe 10mm. It's the fattest barrel I've seen, I really think it's an edgi.

Here's where I'm perplexed. I measure the I.D. at 5.995mm. I have a brand new never used PDI 6.01 barrel for a VSR BAR10 that I'm measuring at 6.05mm. I'm using go/no go gauges and re checked the pin gauges with a Mitutoyo micrometer. Doesn't that sound a bit too small of an I.D. or is edgi just some next level stuff?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's hard to be dead on but there's no denying my .2364" pin gauge will fit the PDI but not the brass one, I think it's probably a 6.00mm edgi.

I'm trying to read up on barrel/ cylinder ratios to zero in on what spring power and bb weight would suit this riffle best. Pretty sure the cylinder volume is tiny in comparison to any dedicated sniper rifle, part of the reason I didn't bother going any longer on the barrel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts