Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm missing a lot of expected fps (shooting 450fps with a m170 spring) and I've checked all my bases.

I've double, triple, etc checked every component + air seal connection and to no avail :[ I'm still missing a pdi hop up chamber w/ tbb and systema bucking.

I know the tbb and bucking "shouldn't" increase fps by that much sooooo anyone think the PDI chamber can remedy this large fps loss?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe the seal between bucking-nozzle isn't good.
Is there any way to improve on this aspect? When the bucking was teflon taped + flossed, it was shooting 450-460ish fps and without the tape+floss it was shooting 450fps. Therefore I believe the bucking health is not an issue.

The cylinder head does seem to have a little loose space when it's inserted into the bucking, but I placed a small square piece of teflon in the magwell as I shot the gun upside-down and the teflon tape barely moved.

Could a piston cause blow-by even though the cylinder head compression test gives excellent results?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried it just now. Unfortunately it wasn't successful :(

There's three suspects right now:

1. Hopup is somehow reducing fps.
  2. Cylinder head nozzle too short or small bore. (I hear Laylax Type 96 Cylinder Head has a wider bore)
  3. Piston is somehow causing blow-by when using higher FPS springs.
I'm considering buying a Polar Star Piston because someone told me it's wider than the piston accuracy cup + purple piston. Anyone have a clue?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you referring to the o-ring on the cylinder head?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The delrin o-ring on my piston is well lubricated, but still nothing. I even lubed up the o-ring on my cylinder head just for laughs and of course nothing >:D.

I have the red accuracy power cup for the laylax piston. Could a damaged or faulty piston w/ a functional power cup be a problem?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still nothing :mad:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can't weight it right now, but it's a PSS2 3 Element Piston. It's properly cleaned and lubed and loved.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The cylinder is in great shape. I chrono'ed the gun while I still had the stock cylinder and it was shooting lower than expected as well.

I'm going to buy some new parts and if that doesn't work, it's probably something like a faulty piston. Hopefully it works :nuts:.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.