Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I have recently been trying to fix my m700 aics as it is not firing properly. I checked the mag.... it works fine. I checked the hopup chamber..... it works fine. So my guess is it's something withing the bolt. Any ideas of what it could be?

Here's what happens when I fire- Gas is released but the bb comes out of the barrel and drops 5ft in front of me. When there is no bb's left in the mag and I dry fire, I feel the normal amount of gas release coming out of the barrel end. So maybe the bolt is messed up a bit? Maybe the hopup? I really don't know. Is is possible that the bolt and hopup chamber are misaligned? Would that cause any problems?

Thanks for all your help! It's been lurking on my mind for months now.

- Topa

·
Registered
744 Posts
I don't have the slightest idea what might happen. My guess is, if you have a leak then the gas will escape at that spot. If you don't have a leak it should push your finger away. My reason thinking this is that when a BB is chambered and you fire it, the gas leaks elsewhere rather than pushing the BB with full force and it rolls out the end of the barrel. Thus you feel the full blast when you dry fire because there is no compression.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mroverkill said:
My guess would be that you either snapped the striker spring or that the striker spring guide began to unscrew, lowering striker spring tension and therefore, FPS.
You might be right about that. I am somewhat new to this rifle. Can you provide me with any help on how I would access the striker spring to tighten or loosen it?
Thanks!

- Topa

·
Registered
361 Posts
Take the bolt out of the gun, there will be two small screws on the bottom of the bolt behind the nozzle. Take these out, be careful not to lose them, they're tiny and annoying. You will then see a spring on a guide. The guide will have a slot for a flathead screwdriver, tighten the screw and the spring tension gets higher, loosen and it is lowered. Be careful when putting the two halves of the bolt together to not cross-thread the two screws. I like to brace the side of the bolt face (next to the nozzle) against the edge of a desk while pressing the back half towards the nozzle, then threading the screws in.

·
Registered
152 Posts
As above tighten your striker spring, if you have a PCS bolt then is it open all the way? I've heard that if left all the way open it can interfere with the striker spring. That's what I've heard anyway. Does it sound weak when you pull the trigger without a mag in?

·
Registered
361 Posts
If the PCS is all the way back, it will interfere with the striker to some degree, but not enough to cause this. For the record, optimal PCS positioning is around 75-80% of wide open. You could have a ripped hop-up bucking (the weird R-hop design thing could have fallen into the barrel). The other thing I forgot is that on the cocking piece (sear within the bolt) there is a set screw. This set screw locks the striker spring guide in place. Make sure that this is unscrewed when you tighten the spring guide, then screwed down tight when the spring guide is in place.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for you wonderful responses! I will be trying to solve this issue very soon but unfortunately I am dealing with a family crisis at this point and I have no time to work on it. Any more advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

- Topa

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mroverkill said:
My condolences. I hope everything gets worked out with your family.

There could be a blockage somewhere in the gas lines/routing. I think I've exhausted every possible scenario.
Thanks I appreciate it :)
Fortunately today I was able to tweak my rifle and now it works!! YAY!! Thank you mroverkill for your detailed responses.

- Topa

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.