Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As you know, I recently got the ir-hop. I just got it tuned, but every time I took it out of my gun and put it back in it would have different degrees of backspin (as in degrees on a protractor). One Time I put it in It would fly off to the left, then again and it would go right. I found out the barrel is able to turn somewhat inside my bucking, and with the ir-hop pretty much attached to the barrel, I have to have the barrel centered perfectly. I have been fixing this by taking off the muzzle cap and using needle nose pliers, manually turning the barrel to center it. Is there any way to get the barrel centered without having to do this? (Sorry for no paragraphs, the key broke on my keyboard).

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't shave the alignment nub. That thing also helps with the air seal. As for reassembling "gingerly," I put a bunch of spacers in my barrel so I have to hit the tip of the barrel (the word for it is escaping me at the moment) against something to get the barrel in all the way, it's so snug.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe I can put a bit of electric tape right after the little indent where the bucking sits to act as a rubber clamp on the barrel when I put the chamber together. I used electric tape in the half pipe I used to put the ir-hop in when I was sanding the channel. Electric tape has some grip on the non-sticky side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.