Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pic of my temporary wrap. Please give some inspiration for a more permanent wrap. Perhaps some of your own pics? I would paint it but I don't have a license (I live in England).

·
Registered
205 Posts
The wrap you have is as good a job as I've seen. Add some veg when you get to a game and it'll be grand.
OR
Go to Boots and get some adhesive bandage, wrap gun and spray it.
It comes off easily (you might need to use window cleaner to get any sticky off your stock), it's cheaper than the camo pattern fabric gun tape and you still have a Two-Tone gun underneath.

·
Registered
65 Posts
awagg said:
Even if you have a license? Really? I kinda doubt that... Research this more.
the problem is the UKARA as a defense hasn't been tested in court. as such there is a alot of hearsay, some sites refuse to allow 2tones as "it lowers the realism, and cheapens the game" (what next ban clones?)
some others ban 2tone owners from anyform of "modification" prior to registration with UKARA (thats right stock VSR snipers!) which they consider as "manufacture"
By the wording some argue that once you have brought the 2tone you can do what you want (including painting)

as I understand UKARA registration allows for the following:
To purchase RIFs (non two tone)
To "manufacture" RIFs (as has been stated elsewhere painting a twotone is considered "manufacture") this also allows for component builds.

I'm pretty sure performance upgrades are not considered "manufacture of a RIF" as they don't do anything Increase realism of the replica

As I see it once you are UKARA registered to can paint your rifle, however if in doubt take it to one of those UKARA retailers that offers a "Krylon service" (once you are registered) and get them to paint it, and KEEP THE RECIEPT!as a Bussiness it is in their best interest to know the laws regarding modification as their livelyhood relies upon this sport.

As I have often said the UKARA is an absolute mine field, of hear say and rumour.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think a common misconception is that UKARA is not a licence or a law, it's just a database. That's all it is.

The law, or rather the statute, is that to own realistic weapons you're to be able to prove that you're a regular skirmisher, the statute does not describe what 'regular' is but the home office (or so I'm told) gives 3 times in less than 2 months a guideline. If you're a regular skirmisher, and your site owner can attest to that then you'll have no problem with painting your gun.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Cheese Man's got the right idea. Can't go a day without a cuppa ;)

I think I'll throw some on my rifle soon, my M24 looks a little bare without any clothes...

Oh god, didn't realise that this was a necro....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.