Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys solved this problem before:

I have no spotter, and no small backup weapon. So I want to carry my L96 and M16 with grenadelauncher at the same time. I will also be wearing my crawlsuit. The problem is now, that it will be very unpractically to bring the gunsling back and forth over my head each time
I need to swap guns.

I need a solution that provides the guns to be swapped easily with just pulling them from my back, to the front, keeping the sling on at all times, with both guns.

Perhaps there is no good solution at all? The slings that i have, is a tactical 1 point sling on the m16, and a classic sling on the L96.

If anyone could provide with tips or solutions, it would be greatly appreciated! =)

Happy snipin'!
-2Echo

·
Registered
10 Posts
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_100&products_id=3781

This little diddy was posted by someone over in the Michigan Airsoft Forums and it may help solve your problem. You could sling the rifle and use that to hold it, although im not sure how well that would work since you'd have to push the rifle up at an odd angle to be able to pull it around. Alternatively you could simply lay the rifle under your arm when you get to your hide, then when you need it, simply pull it out from under you and fire away. Ill try and find an example of what I mean.

Look for what I mean at around 1 minute.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm getting strangled by the two slings, one running over my left shoulder and over my back to the right. And then the M16 sling, running over my right shoulder and under my left arm.

Here are some pictures:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well when your in a crawl stalking something, throw the m16 in a cheap cloth gun bag and somehow attach it to yourself then just drag it with you. For when your in a situation like the pictures though, the item on ASGI might be of some help.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
When I carried an AEG as back up I used a 3 point harness on the Sniper rifle and an ordinary 2 point on the AEG. The Sniper rifle can then be rotated round your body to a slung or firing position and your other rifle can then be slung over your other shoulder. Its bloody cumbersome carrying 2 rifles, I did take it a step further and used a M249 as my back up...didn't last long with that ;), and now use a sawn off shot gun, best thing I ever did, light, easy to use, no battery charging, 3 shots for the price of 1....
My view, if your in the shit to the point that you need to use a fully automatic weapon, your already dead and just there to take a few of the enemy with you, better to avoid the situation altogether and only carry the necessary weaponry to get you out of a sticky situation if you happen to get pinged unexpectedly ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the bad habit of carrying two primaries with me as well. So I feel your pain. In my case, The sniper rifle is either slung with a 2 point sling or carried at hand. My Mp5 is carried with a 3 point sling, its small size makes this the bast solution. I have a M16/m203 combo (boy did it put a stop to the zerg rushing the sniper tactic, hehehe
) that also uses a 3 point sling but it does not work quite as well do to size. What the three point sling allows you to do is rig a back pack carry with it with the replica riding along the center of your back, out of the way but inaccessable.

I have been also known to carry a RPK or my M60 out onto the field and leave it at a "rally point or objective" Honestly, I am ineffective on the field while encumbered with firepower+ ghillie

Having it close by but not with you allows you to evade back to it and still have the firepower available if your opponents foolishly chase you.

! I wonder how one of those cut down M79 replicas would work as a back up?

·
Registered
299 Posts
My professional opinion is that it will never work. It's overkill. The major drawback isn't that the slings choke you but that you'll be spending so much time trying to manage your weapons that you won't be able to focus properly on your surroundings.

But since you apparently *must*, try something a little less conventional.

You will never be able to speed transition like you would with a pistol. In this case, I'm assuming your making movement with the AEG and using the bolt gun in your hide site. I would recommend your classic sling as you have in now. Cross body sling the rifle (muzzle down), and carry the AEG (sans sling) in the low alert.

This way, your "back-up" firepower is available as immediately as you can get it, but if you happen across that sweet shot, you will have the time to pull the sling off. Keep the AEG readily accessible on the ground next to you. If something occurs when you have the bolt gun in your hands, you have at least one snap shot available, and the AEG is within immediate reach.

For an easy transition, you keep your firing hand in position, and throw the rifle around your body to your back (similar to how you start the "hasty sling"). Grab the AEG and go.

Consider getting a sling with a QD buckle (quick detach...side squeeze snaps...) if you need even more speed out of the sling, just be sure to buckle it ASAP in case you need to re-sling it quick.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, Phridum, I will move with my M16 (m203 coming in the near future) and have the firepower to break contact, or just shoot the boys if I make any contact. Then when I get to my position, I will swap to the 96.

If i get by a QD sling, I will buy it, and stick to the soution I have in the pictures.

Thanks to everybody with the help! Now what remains is to field test it and see if it works properly^^

Happy snipin'!
-2Echo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.