Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

How do you carry your sniper rifle on the field?

• tactical shoulder sheath/holster or similar

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know, seems like a silly question- but as a novice sniper, it seemed important to listen to those who are more experienced. It's one of those questions that seem dumb to ask, until you do it yourself and realize there are many ways to address the issue.

So, post op what you do or prefer, and why.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. So when you're moving through the op area (assuming brush/woods/etc.) or trying to get to your spot/hide, you don't prefer hands free or sidearm in hand in case of climbing/rough terrain, etc.?

I should clarify that the woods in the fields we play in Bama tend to be THICK with underbrush, vines, thorns, briars, snakes, spiders... so it may not be quite as necessary elsewhere, I am sure.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I just carry it by hand because I have a history of not getting along with slings because they keep getting caught in branches. :-( The vegetation can be very thick in places hear too but the fustration of the sling getting caught in every bush makes it usless in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
I use a DMR, so I can hit people at close range/like a pistol if I need to. Also, my field is flat and there's not much brush, and I got really good at climbing with one hand and carrying a rifle or something in the other at our old field.

We also don't have snakes or spiders, the only dangerous animals up here are moose/bears, for which I don't need two hands, just two feet. ;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
LOL Cheese Man, On the island here (British Columbia) we have Roosevelt Elk (not a predator, but who could withstand a charge?), bear, wolves and cougars (largest concentration in North America). You gotta love playing an outdoor game in which you are issued bear spray as part of your kit! One hand on the rifle, one hand on the spray when entering a new area of play. Hence another argument in favor of a spotter, preferably one that runs slower than you!.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I use a DMR, so I can hit people at close range/like a pistol if I need to. Also, my field is flat and there's not much brush, and I got really good at climbing with one hand and carrying a rifle or something in the other at our old field.

We also don't have snakes or spiders, the only dangerous animals up here are moose/bears, for which I don't need two hands, just two feet. ;)
Lucky you. I get to crawl around with tarantulas, black widows, brown recluse, rattlers, king snakes and the occasional water moccasin. Animals might include bobcats, or cougars... I've never seen a bear...
Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
All we get in the UK is the occasional adder. I was bitten by one when I was 15 in army cadets and didn't realise until over an hour later!

I agree about slings getting caught in vegetation though, especially when you're crawling.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL! Bears, spiders and other dangerous animals. In Ireland we have none of these. It makes sniping here sound easy. The closest we come to a dangerous animal is an animal with no sense of direction.LOL!
Erin go bragh! Or something like that. I have a friend whose family caretakes a castle in County Cork. Have never visited, but would love to check it out.

So no wolves, even? :shrug: :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
I like to use my spare Mosin Nagant sling because I know when I literally throw my heavy pig of an L96 onto my shoulder and git-to-gittin, my sling wont snap on me.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I use a sling because the area we play in is huge, so when I go to the staging areas I carry by sling, then when it's game on and I need to go through brush, I carry the rifle by hand.

The most dangerous things we have here in Indiana are the occasional water moccasins, brown recluse, and the occasional Great Fishing Spider. Them f***ers are HUGE. However, they're nothing a good CO2 pistol can't solve when one starts crawling right by your bipod. Other than that it's just thorns and poison ivy that create issues. My poison ivy still isn't gone from 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Erin go bragh! Or something like that. I have a friend whose family caretakes a castle in County Cork. Have never visited, but would love to check it out.

So no wolves, even? :shrug: :)
There used to be wolves here but they were killed off hundreds of years ago.
Also if that was Irish you were trying to speak, you are doing better than me. :) Only a small percentage of the population speak irish and I have a hard time speaking it. (hope I'm not bursting anybodys bubble about what they thought Ireland is like in regards to speaking Irish.)

·
Registered
109 Posts

Just make sure which Colt is which before you shoot ;P

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.