Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the thread title suggests, this thread is all about the CAW (note, not CA) M24 and the upgrades that can be used in it.
What are there? I've heard nothing about this rifle apart from people saying it's more realistic than the Tanaka or the CA, but that doesn't help me at all. I've not read a single in depth review either, because I can't find one.
I'm in a position to be able to get one of these with a broken piston, so I want to know what parts will fit it so I can get it up and running asap.

Any help is appreciated, thanks :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Depends on what version it is, I believe there on 3 now.

Also I dont know if there ever has been a review on one, this is something you would buy and hope you have alot of spare parts to test it with.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Indeed they are, I've got the chance to get a version 2 but I can't imagine there'd be a huge difference between the two.

Maybe I should take a chance and get it, and possibly do a proper review on it. I'd probably be the first :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I found a review on a French site (I've yet to learn how to link stuff), snipairsoft it's called.
The fella on there has a Gen 3 M24 SWS and from what I could gather, It seems the CA piston is a match for the CAW.

*Edit*
I read another French review and they came up with this...
"So to sum up we have a CAW M24 SWS
Compatibility:
- Canon compatible VSR10
- Trigger: APS2
- Cylinder Kit / spring guide / Spring: VSR10
- Piston: APS2 clearly (the angle of the piston in the piston Sear and 90

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
M24 arrived today, the previous owner described it as a problem with the piston which it clearly isn't. The cylinder head seems like it's either too small or the threads have stripped in the cylinder or on the cylinder head because it won't tighten. A dab of locktite sorted that out but ease of upgrading has been sacrificed.

It seems it's also the version 3, it's marked on the receiver. It came with 3 upgrade parts which are all installed, all PDI and for the APS-2. It's got the vacuum piston, an APS-2 spring guide and a '180' spring (not sure if that means anything, and I don't know the FPS so if anyone could shed a bit of light on that, would be appreciated.)
The build quality is fantastic, it rivals my Tanaka. Also the mag placement is quite nice, having it in the right place is a good thing. Though installing the mag can be a bit fiddly
I'm very impressed with this overall, and if enough people want me to I'll do a full in depth review and a takedown guide for it ;) It's a shame this rifle isn't more well known, it's a fine example of excellent craftsmanship, but this particular rifle needs a nudge in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Cerbo Knight said:
I'm very impressed with this overall, and if enough people want me to I'll do a full in depth review and a takedown guide for it ;) It's a shame this rifle isn't more well known, it's a fine example of excellent craftsmanship, but this particular rifle needs a nudge in the right direction.
Please do, always good to have some more info on these boards, especially for something that lacks info.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pics are going up in the gallery section, I'll put them in my M40's thread and ask a mod to change the title to 'Cerbo's Rifles' ;)

externals are up, internals will come later

Also I'm not sure about the VSR cylinder, it's got a APS-2 spring guide and piston, and the cylinder head looks distinctly APS-2 as well, it's also longer than the VSR cylinder IIRC, as it imitates the long action of the real steel

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.