Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is from today's target shooting, the rifle is completely rebuilt and works perfectly. Next in line I can focus on installing the IR-Hop I have sitting here..it will take me a couple more sessions before I can really pinpoint the actual situation.

Today, testing a headshot-size target at 50m:
- No Hop Up: 9/10
- Hop Up regulated to optimal for 0.43g: 3/10

I would dare say the King Arms Red Bucking -IS- the piece of garbage everyone talks about.

Tomorrow I will switch BBs and test again, after three or four brands I will be able to draw better conclusions..

If the R-Hop does not deliver the same accuracy as a no-hop setting, I will be SO pissed ;-)

Cheers!

I could make the last one into a wallpaper!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Great groupings there man, and the rifle looks sweet! I'm hoping to get a cheek rest similar to yours soon and an ASF patch to stick on it.

I look forward to seeing further reports when you have R-hop installed, especially at farther distances.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I am glad the rifle and the results are appreciated! I will keep you up on the developments.

I was shooting at around 130PSI. I was close to having the AR20 maxed out which should be around 145PSI.

For the sake of testing I will not change the PSI so that the only thing changing is the BB brand and later on.. The hop hop (R-Hop).

I need more shots down range to be able to establish a sort of study ;)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MAJOR UPDATE: I just finished installing the IR-hop into the Tanaka M40A1: I filmed everything from the installation to testing and final considerations.

It will be the unforgiving truth..get ready!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.