Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd throw up some pictures of my M40, the sun finally came out yesterday and I got the chance to take some pictures of it. Not the best, and I definitely don't like the shiny stock but I'll spray it OD sometime in the future and think about taking the barrel to a machinist for threading

(Ok yes, while the last one has an M4 in it, there's still the M40... Plus the M4 looks good)

·
Registered
205 Posts
You could get a flat finish (to match the barrel) if you rubbed the stock down with wet and dry. Probably wouldn't take more than ten minutes.
What stock is that anyway? I ain't never seen no shiney gas gun like that before.

*Edit*
Nice rifle by the way ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking of doing something similar to Reezo's M40, but in OD instead of tan.
The shineyness on the stock is definitely going though, I can't stand that. I think it was painted on, it looks like it's wearing in places and there's a more matt layer underneath.... Silly previous owner, gloss paint goes on cars not rifles!

Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think my friend Krylon will help me here ;)

Thanks as well, the Tanaka's only going to get better from here on out along with the M4
The M4 is a GBBR by the way, no AEG's here ;)

I always thought that imitation was the highest form of flattery

·
Registered
536 Posts
I've been demotivated by some store guys saying GBBs are just an excess in lust and cool-factor..I am going to start a high end project gun to fall into "PTW" or "DMR" quality (even if not necessarily a DMR in terms of size etc.) and I was looking into AEGs to have something remotely skirmishable with some relatively easy changes..argh, I cannot get myself to decide, I probably need more time :)

and yes I agree on the imitation quote, it is a mantra for music learning as well :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well If I can use a GBBR in the relatively cool climes of sunny England I'm positive you can use them were you are!

AEG's are good, you can get some amazing performance out of them and they're so versatile but what they lack is any sort of realism and I can't stand that.
That's why I chose GBBR, plus ease of maintenance is a plus for me. I split the rifle open and spray some white lithium grease on the trigger group and that's pretty much it. The bolt doesn't need lubrication as often (trigger group gets done after every skirmish, the bolt every 2 or 3) and the recoil spring is done once and that's all it needs for the year.

The best part about the stuff I use is that it's water and heat resistant, protects against rust and corrosion and is still quite a heavy lubricant so it's perfect for GBBR's

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for the double post mods, but here's my CAW M24 and if someone could change the thread title to 'Cerbo's Rifles' that would be great, thanks

Externals of my M24 here, internals will be up later along with a review and a shooting test in the next few days

Now if you look in this picture, inside the magwell (which is in the right place on the CAW, instead of the CA! ;)) you'll see a white bb, this is a sort of feed tube so I assume this can take a PDI hop up, or at least an upgraded one.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I don't think the PDI hop up will fit. If the barrel is tapered like it looks in the pictures, I doubt It would work as all of the M24s I have are bull barreled. If you can get the dimensions of your hop up I'll gladly get the dimension from my CAs to compare it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why thank you very much woogie :)
It's a Craft Apple Works M24 not the CA as I said, it's fitted with a PDI APS-2 spring guide, 180 spring, and vacuum piston from the previous owner and the cylinder head is held tight with locktite ;)
The pattern on the stock that you can see in the pics is actually a sort of light texturing, it's a really nice feel. I think it's going to stay black and just get a rifle wrap. The whole thing is as solid as a rock, apart from the barrel which has sort of a free float affair going on with it, I think this is one of the only rifles that would actually benefit from bedding the stock :-/
It's lacking any sort of barrel spacers right now, and that brings me to the next point. The outside of the barrel is indeed tapered, but the inside looks like it's straight all the way down, I'll get some pictures of it. The barrel rests in the endcap which is stuck fast, I'm not actually sure if it's threaded or held in by tension yet.
The hop unit is cylindrical and seems like it's PDI compatible, it's not tapered. Maybe an APS-2 hop unit will fit? I'm not sure, though I've heard that PDI parts for CA M24's won't fit, the systems are completely different, or so I'm told.

The upgrade parts it's got in it came as extras, I have the original parts bar the piston.
Oh, and I traded it for an Army Armament SA80 ;) What a result.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It is an amazing rifle, I can only see it getting better as time goes on. I think it's going to end up as my primary sniper rifle, it's just so much more consistent than my Tanaka but of course it's also more unrealistic than it.

I guess I can live with it ;)

Our newcomer called Jackwarz has a SP M40, I'm not sure it's the xb though. His has a gas and a spring bolt, though I don't know much about them truth be told I'd still like to get my hands on one and have a look at its guts.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here's an update on my M40. I repainted it, and added a real steel harris. Got some G&P railed scope mounts in the post too.

Ignore the stripey sling, that will be dusted over with krylon at some point :)

Also here's my M14, looking to get a rail to replace the stripper clip part but noone wants to sell me an airsoft one. I figure the M14 is DMRish enough to be on this board ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.