Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
926 Posts
Tire compressors are designed to achieve up to 100-120psi, whereas HPA tanks are usually filled to 3000-4500psi. You can not use a tire compressor to achieve 3000psi.

They do make hand pumps capable of 4500psi, though you are looking at one hell of a workout getting there.

· Registered
5,641 Posts
There are hand pumps out there that you can use and they are cheap. The problem is that you will have to pump so much that you would be too worn out for your game. LOL

· Registered
3,381 Posts
I own a real 4500 PSI compressor, and have a hand pump and have worn out a hand pump before that.
I only use the compressor these days, but the hand pump is still very nice.

You actually CAN use a car compressor for airsoft, but not in the way you are probably thinking.
I'm Australia where people get really into Nerf, some have HPA blasters, and some use tanks while some don't.
The alternative to tanks is what they call "SLP" or super low pressure, which is a car compressor with some kind of valve that shuts it off after a certain pressure, and a large lithium or car battery to power the thing.
Probably not really worth it, as they are quite loud, and you'd have to figure out a secondary holding chamber so you don't have the thing running constantly.
This will probably be heavier, more bulky, and cost as much as a decent HPA tank, so I wouldn't suggest it.

Just get a 26/3000 or 48/3000 and a hand pump from eBay or Amazon, and do that instead, quiet, more compact, and reliable.
The reason I don't suggest a 4500 PSI tank is the fact that after 2500 PSI, pumping by hand becomes difficult, and there is no reason to buy a more expensive 4500 PSI tank if you are rarely going to fill it to it's pressure.
Also, if you buy a tank, get one with a 200-350 PSI output pressure, as your second stage regulator will last longer and you will have more consistent shots, and more of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.