Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm thinking about building an M16 (or M4) DMR. I'd like to start with a reasonably priced base gun that has decent out of the box performance, and modify it in stages. Ultimately, I plan to heavily modify it, tbb, spring, motor, R hop, anything necessary to perform well and reliably. JG has an M16A4 which is about $170. My brother in law has a JG G36C and he's satisfied with its performance. So far, it's been reliable, and performs decently. I think Echo1 has an SPR and M16, as well as its Red Star CSR Dragunov. Anybody have any advice as to what I should start with?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I personally love my D-boys M16A4. It has a very solid metal body with decent quality. The internals are decent, i believe it has a 7mm bearing gearbox, with a bearing spring guide.

Between it and my D-boys SPR (same gun basically the SPR just has a free float rail and flip up sights. In my case the receiver was of a poorer fit then the M16A4, has about a 1/16th inch gap between the upper and lower that rattles a small amount) the only issue I have had in the last year and half or so was the tappet plate broke on my SPR

link to asgi:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_211&products_id=5578

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm not an airsmith in any way, shape, or form, so take this advice with a grain of salt. I am running the KWA M16 2GX and talking with the tech at AirsoftExtreme, all I am going to need is a new spring to get my to 500fps and the r-hop installed. I know the KWA is a bit higher than what you linked, but if the tech at AEX was right, you would save in the long run with not having to buy as many upgrade parts. Can anyone else confirm this?

·
Registered
398 Posts
If you are going for a higher end rifle, Stay away from KWA. their stock parts are great, but they used proprietary parts so the upgradeability of them in terms of ROF and durability are much more limited at the top end with out dropping in lots and lots of $$$

If i had to make an analogy in terms of performance, KWA would be a BMW, where as one of the clones would be like a Toyota or Nissan. Out of the box the BMW is pretty much better all around, but you can tune and tweak the others to be truly insane beasts that can lead to terrifying people.

·
Registered
890 Posts
It all depends on how important externals are going to be for you. If you aren't going to be satisfied with a cheaper looking body just start out with something a little more expensive.
KWA's are ok out of the box as was stated, but I would stay away from them if you are looking for super high output. Last I read the 2gx gearboxes had some front end cracking issues. Although all v2s have this it seemed like it happened more frequently then standards.

My suggestion is going to be the vfc m16 if you want the body to look great and have good out of the box capability.
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_235&products_id=32771

Although if the body looks aren't that important to you I would suggest a standard JG m16. They have some of the strongest gears stock you will just want to give it some love when you first get it to get it performing well. IE air seal mods, AOE, shimming, and probably a new bucking and nub. So basically about $20 extra spent on top of the gun for Teflon tape, the bucking, rubber washer, and possibly a file if you don't have one.

About the easiest thing you can do to keep your gun shooting accurately though is to clean the barrel and wash the bucking every once and awhile.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'd go with one of airsoft gi's g4s they have a ton to choose from, and im personally using a g4a3 dmr as a base because it comes with a long rail system and a tbb stock, they are way higher quality than any JG, and are some of the best stock guns I've seen in awhile for the prices. My friend has a GR16 by g&g and he loves that too, g&g m4's in general are high quality for fairly good prices, most g4's are $200-300

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.