Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am asking for your help. I would like to install a mosfet on an AUG A1. The problem is not that I don't know how to install it, because I've found enough drawings for AUG/P90, but what mosfet to choose for a trigger in 2 steps.
In the descriptions from the websites, nobody says if it's designed especially for something like this, but only that it is universal, micro, bla-bla. Now I understand that it should have an extra wire, but how can I tell just from the pictures and descriptions on websites?
What should I look for in a mosfet for a 2 step trigger?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I talked to someone and he said that a normal mosfet is enough, because the semi part of a 2 step trigger is mechanical. Only the auto part is electrical, on which the mosfet is installed as in any other trigger.
Any other ideas?

·
Registered
170 Posts
A normal mosfet should be just fine. Just need to add a small signal cable that goes directly to the mosfet. Doesn't need to change anything for the full auto switch.

I own a JG AU3G that comes with a mosfet. I am replacing it with a BurstWizard King Kong 2 (name sucks but it does what it does) that also has electric cut off that acts like a fuse, active braking, precocking and programmable number of shots. So far, the BWKK2 has a much better response compared to the original.

·
Registered
42 Posts
As you said - any normal mosfet will work if you wire it correctly. I've got a Burst Wizard king kong 2 in my AUG. It's saved my GB probably 4-5 times because of the quick cutoff when for example the piston head screw came loose. They're a bit hard to program but given some time they work very well. I simply recommend it because it's not that expensive, won't break and you can program it to work as a normal mosfet aswell.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Heads up, not just any mosfet will do if you have microswitches, the contact bounce will fry a cheap mosfet pretty quickly.
I use the latest generation of GATE mosfets, they are designed to work with microswitches and are fairly cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.