Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I was wondering what would be a good choice for a hop-up bucking. I am stuck between the nineball bucking and firefly bucking. Also weather to get the bucking in soft or hard. I am started to get very confused when i look online. ( some people say hard type for 450+ fps and some say soft.) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
My vsr-10 setup

stock gun: Socom Gear R700
inner barrel: Airsoft GI PE 6.03
hop-up: Shimmed stock hop-up unit
Hop-up bucking: stock bucking (washed)
Cylinder head: stock
piston: Airsoft GI PE vsr-10 piston
spring: Airsoft GI PE m170
spring guide: Airsoft GI PE spring guide
Trigger sear's: stock
BB's: .30 to .40

·
Registered
62 Posts
You may want to invest in new sears before getting a new hop up bucking since you are running the GI m170 spring. I doubt they will last long. Mine crapped out on me with all stock parts with the gun shooting 360FPS with a .20g BB.

If you do get a bucking, I would get the firefly, since I've ordered 2 nine ball buckings and they were both already either torn in package or deformed in some way on the inside. But then again, that's just my luck :/

·
Registered
536 Posts
I got the KA red bucking and the inner barrel cut through part of the rubber after its first use. I might have gone too strong on tightening the hop up nub, especially because I had no idea of the relation between one full turn and the result in hop..I really did not need any more hop than let's say 30% of its full course.

Good thing I got a spare one so I can put the mint one and try again, this time being a little more careful on the hop (I'll shim the nub thread to avoid screwing the nub after a certain point, this will allow me to avoid accidental excessive hop up).

Cheese man told me his KA buckings did the same..it's probably something with the rubber quality.

Hop up wise, it works..but I am getting 50% straight dead-center killer shots (at almost 280 ft!) and 50% fly "bending" either left or right.

Keep in mind, as I said, the hop is punctured and I tried to fix it with aluminum tape..the result is that the "even hop surface" is probably not even anymore..it might get pushed slightly angled and for this reason some BBs fly left, some do right..

I am going to get a Nine Ball purple as soon as it gets back in stock..I will let you know. Sadly no one has the firefly in Italy, I would need to get it from somewhere in the EU or even in the US (but it was out of stock at AirsoftGI as well).

The hunt for the holy bucking..keep me up :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
My favorite bucking is probably the stock TM one, or the one you get in the TM Precision chamber. The stock JG one isn't bad either. The Nineball I find a bit hard for my tastes, and the TMs always gave me better groupings. The King Arms one in my experience wears down/gets damaged quickly and easily. Not a fan. Some people swear by the Firefly ones. I personally am not particularly fond of them. The soft one is okay at lower powers, when the velocity goes up I find they get less and less stable/consistent. I personally don't like hard buckings in general really; I find that they are less effective at lifting heavy ammo and less consistent. I haven't tried the Falcon bucking yet though. I'll put one in my next ehobby order, and see how that does. I also haven't used the one in the Socom Gear. I'm also doing some G-hop experimenting. But for standard buckings, from the ones I have tried at least, TM came out on top. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Is there a reason for wanting a new bucking?
If it's because everyone else talks about getting this and that bucking, forget it.
I've used Nineball and Firefly in my VSR and seen no difference from stock. The TM bucking is as good as any, and usually a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thanks for the info. They are actually easier to find here in Italy than other brands, they also seem somewhat cheaper.

I confirm the KA bucking to have a tendency to break. I will report on it more after some additional plinking sessions :)

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
My KA red bucking broke after I fired a 29rnd magazine (tanaka)!!
You should search for the purple 9ball hard bucking, they are the best in term of performance and duration plus there's a very good seal.

Wolf

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blackfoot1: The reason for wanting a new bucking is that I am wanting to increase the effective range of my sniper rifle.

If anybody wants me to I could buy the nineball and the firefly bucking and compare them and then post my results.
The only other information that I would need is weather to get the firefly in hard or soft.
I know that soft grips the bb's better but I don't want it to rip apart after a couple hundred shots and then have wasted 25 dollars.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you're going to run a setup with higher than than 450fps, you'll want to run a hard style bucking.
The 170 spring you have listed will produce around 550fps on a properly tuned setup and will prematurely wear out soft style buckings.
In my experience the NineBall hard buckings will out last the firefly hard style over a buckings overall lifespan with regular use as the nub fingers on the firefly tend to prematurely wear out when in comparison.
When properly matched with the higher than >450 fps velocities that a hard style bucking intended for they will easily spin & stabilize up to a .43g BB for those 300+ feet shots on a legal < 550fps sniper setup.

Good Hunting,
"The BushMan"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am deciding to go with the nineball.

Thanks Bushman for letting me know which bucking is better and what hardness to get. :)
Also thanks everyone else for their opinions, you have all helped me out a lot.
Will be ordering the bucking in a couple of days and I will let you know how the bucking works out.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thanks Bushman, that was really helpful indeed. Getting my Nine Ball as soon as it is back in stock. The KA "works" but has too much random deviation (even if slight) and tends to break.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I suspect that the softer buckings distort randomly under the higher air pressure levels with high fps builds, resulting in an increased variable point of impact. I've actually had the KA VSR buckings blow out in less than 10 shots on a few builds & I personally will use a modded stock TM or JG bucking over any other type if a NB hard type is unavailable at the time. The stock buckings will hold up, but just won't spin higher than .36g BB's very efficiently.

·
Registered
536 Posts
That is exactly what I noticed today. I put an empty can of Top Gas, which looks like this:

.at a distance of around 30m (~98ft). I was shooting prone and supported, uphill a good 10%, using Madbull .43g unwashed (they have that graphite coating that I still don't know whether it is a good or bad thing, but that is another story).

I was able to hit the can 30% of the time but the other missing shots were 90% REALLY close, either to the left or the right. I do not think it was variable wind although I cannot be completely sure. It should have been pretty strong to get a .43g to move at 30m.

I suspect it might be the KA bucking. If I tried to correct the shot the next one was going to be dead straight and therefore I missed again. Since correction was no good I decided to stay dead center and that is how I watched BBs arc left or right just before the can.

The KA bucking has no problems in sending a .43g sky rocketing, it can deliver a good lift in terms of hop but that does not really mean a lot with this arcing effect. You can imagine what happens at more than 30m.

You guys probably have more knowledge about this..

UPDATE: Maybe it's the tightbore barrel? I should try without hop I suppose..

·
Registered
536 Posts
airsoftsniper234 said:
SO, I installed the bucking yesterday and all I can say is wow. :)
My rifle has gained a lot more range. I would defiantly recommend the nineball bucking.
Thanks for sharing, I am waiting for it to be back in stock and then I'll get it as well!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.