Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i looked all around for this and really couldn't find anything so here it goes...

i was wondering how you guys chose the weight of ammo you use with your rifles. do you by preferance? is there a general system to it(o.xx weight bbs for yyy fps gnus)?

·
Banned
215 Posts
You buy BB's from .28g to .43g. Assortment of brands and weights, then you see what works best for your rifle and your environment.

·
Banned
215 Posts
The science of process of elimination ;)

Now, if your rifle has trouble pushing, say a .30g or .36g out to range, then you obviously will not want to keep experimenting with heavier weights.

I personally stock up one 3 different BB brands, all at different weights for different rifles.

Bioval .27's for my WA-2000
SGM .29's for my PSG-1
Madbull .40's for my K98

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have always associated BB weights with FPS rates. Here is a chart of what I have found to work. Sometimes finding the right weight is half the battle, they are expensive and occasionally hard to find. Getting a quality weight BB before Madbull made theirs was difficult, you could only find them overseas.

370-420fps - .25's
420-450fps - .28's
450-500fps - .30-.33's
500-550fps - .36's
550+fps - .40's

.36's have been my BB of choice for three years now, I have been stocking up on them for a while now. I don't like running out of BB's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.