Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

Choosing the right spring and making it work.

125K views 91 replies 35 participants last post by  dschmidt 
Hi everyone so I'm in the process of building my first sniper. It's going to be a vsr 10 based build. Thanks to this forum and it's people I could finally decide on a few parts. The only part I need clarity on is the spring. My field's fps limit for a dedicated sniper role is 500fps.

Acording to 1tonne's post I should use a M160 beacuase it wil settel at just about the right fps.

My problem however, is that someone with a similar build to the that I plan to put together got about +-580fps with a airsoftpro M160(I guess it has got to do with te airseal of the build being almost perfect or some thing. And maybe the barrel length as it is 428mm at 6.04mm) . This is obviously to high for my field. So I reckoned I could use a M150 to get closer to 500fps and if I'm stil over 500fps weight my piston to get just below the desired fps.

If anyone could correct my thinking or give some advise it would be highly apreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.