Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts
Be careful not to over tighten the spring , I used the same bolt idea and one spring became twisted
But the way you have it works well
Since I need to wait for the initial break-in period before cutting my new spring and I don't have an extra cylinder to leave it in for a few weeks, I just made a little setup out of threaded bar, a couple of lock nuts, and a couple of washers. This should simulate leaving the spring in the cylinder except without needing an extra cylinder. You can get this stuff from your local hardware store for under 5 USD (mine was $2.80). I used 5/16 in. threaded bar and I would definitely recommend not going any larger than that. I hope this helps anyone in the same situation as me :tup:

Not related to my previous post, but could a potential problem with over-cutting a spring be that it effectively reduces the cylinder volume? (probably not as much if you are running a wide-bore barrel with a heavy piston)

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Not related to my previous post, but could a potential problem with over-cutting a spring be that it effectively reduces the cylinder volume? (probably not as much if you are running a wide-bore barrel with a heavy piston)
Won't change the cylinder volume at all.

Discussion starter · #50 ·
I just bought an ASG M40a3 and I would like to upgrade it. This is my first airsoft upgrade and I could use some help in buying the right parts for my ASG M40a3.
Make your own thread about your gun. This thread is about springs.

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Just added to the first post this comment as it will be very helpful to a lot of people:
"NOTE: If your fps is just over your club limit, do not cut the spring. Instead, wrap solder around the piston and the use a little electrical tape to hold it on. This will slow the piston down and then you should be under your limit. You can remove the solder once the spring has worn in."

On the new laylax springs there is a side with smaller coils and a side with larger coils. what i mean is the gaps in between the coils on one end are bigger than that of the other.

I'm assuming cutting the larger coils will remove more FPS than the smaller gapped coils, is this correct?

On the new laylax springs there is a side with smaller coils and a side with larger coils. what i mean is the gaps in between the coils on one end are bigger than that of the other.

I'm assuming cutting the larger coils will remove more FPS than the smaller gapped coils, is this correct?
This has been my experience, yes.

is the fps listed based on .2 bbs?

Discussion starter · #56 ·
Discussion starter · #58 ·
That is a hard one. Really it is just a trial and error thing. It also depends on your inner barrel length. With a heavier bb, you will want a shorter inner barrel and a bigger spring.

spring comparison question. I currently have a M130 Action Army spring. I was thinking of switching to a Laylax SP120.
I cut down the action army spring to get to my club limits and also I've heard good things about the laylax springs.

So with the below info from this thread:
M130 = 390-405fps
SP130 = 445fps

would it be reasonable to think a SP120 would be similar to the M130?

Discussion starter · #60 ·
That would sound about right. May vary a little though.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.