Registered
131 Posts
Beauty, very good job.
bravo

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi guys, thanks for all the comments, really appreciate them.

@Bengreen: recently i also bought vsr, what i can say is the overall inside body is much more complex than ca m24, and i'm planning to built the same stock with vsr base, so meanwhile i cannot give you any tips regarding vsr stock. Just make sure you fit the body with the barrel perfectly, and i saw in youtube once how to mold your stock to fit your barrel, using casting material and paper to cover your barrel , sadly i think the video has been removed. And the last thing probably don't rush your work, it take some serius time to sand off the stock. Good luck on your project.:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am impressed! Someone can sit there all day, and point out the differences compared to a real McMillan stock, but until they try to make one, they will never understand! I actually tried to make a wooden stock for my M40A3, but failed miserably (I don't have woodworking tools) the only reason I have a McMillan stock, is because it was my 18th birthday gift. I eventually turned the wood stock into some sort of imitation crossbow... but anyways, Very impressive!!!!!

BTW, If you want a couple of pictures of my stock, just ask. I would love to help you finish your project!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Absolutely beautiful, do you have a diagram or template you used for the stock any advice on how to make it like you have? That is a work of art McMillan stock or not that is one beautiful rifle.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi guys, thanks for all the comments, really appreciate them.

@Bengreen: recently i also bought vsr, what i can say is the overall inside body is much more complex than ca m24, and i'm planning to built the same stock with vsr base, so meanwhile i cannot give you any tips regarding vsr stock. Just make sure you fit the body with the barrel perfectly, and i saw in youtube once how to mold your stock to fit your barrel, using casting material and paper to cover your barrel , sadly i think the video has been removed. And the last thing probably don't rush your work, it take some serius time to sand off the stock. Good luck on your project.:)
Do you have a set of drawings with the dimensions of that m40a3 stock? If so would you be willing to share them at a price? I have wanted to do a stock like that for years and love what you did there, also what type of wood did you use for the stock?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.