Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Classic Army Tactical Carbine is a very easy gun to convert to an AEG sniper rifle (i.e. SPR). I converted my CA into an SPR with a few simple parts, first I needed to think about the velocity. The stock Classic Army (this is true with any CA) is around 320. A pretty good stock AEG velocity, but is not powerful enough to be called a "sniper rifle" by any standards. Classic Army's can handle up to a Sp120 spring without needing any new internals. It has been told that the newer gearboxes can handle up to a Sp130; I have a Sp120 with an upgraded spring guide. I am shooting at 420 fps and am accurate up to 65 yards (without SPR MOD1 Kit).

The external parts include King Arms PSG-1 Style grip, which provides comfort and noticeable support when prone compared to the standard motor grip. I have a SPR MOD1 Kit with a 510mm 6.04 inner barrel (not installed), this will give me extra velocity, and much more improved ranged. I have a 3-9x powered scope accurate up to 150 yards and has 10 illumination settings. The eye relief on this particular rifle can be adjusted because of the flat top rail system (20mm standard). Most people find the setting of my scope on my gun horrible, but it is different with everyone.

I have a Classic Army Harris style bipod which provides extra support when prone, but makes the front of the gun heavy because of the extra weight. Sometimes the bipod is more of a hassle than what it's worth, but does help in certain situations.

The gun is long, and you cannot move very fast when carrying this rifle, considering that this is a converted AEG and not a pure breed sniper rifle if you will, it of course does not have the range of say an L96 shooting at the same velocity. This means that you may be engaging you're enemies at closer ranges than a bolt action rifle. But being an AEG does have its advantages; of course the Semi-Automatic is a plus. And if you keep it at or below 410fps you will have the option of the automatic setting as well (I try not to use this).

I also have a 110 round VN mag, which is small and compact and will me much more maneuverable than a full sized mag.

Over I like my Classic Army SPR MOD1, and the advantages balance out the disadvantages. But if you're looking for a true sniper rifle, than you may be disappointed because I find myself being more of a counter sniper than an actual sniper.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My only nit-pick here Echo is using an M-120 or 170% spring on standard ratio gears.

this can be done, but I highly advise using torque-up gears. This does tend to reduce rate of fire (not a big deal to a sniper), but you gain more battery life by putting less load on your motor (extending its life).

I had an M-120 spring in my G3, standard ratio gears (stock Mauri really), and a systema hi-speed motor. I had a NASTY rate of fire, even for an 8.4 volt battery. HOWEVER, I was going through those 8.4 volt large batteries like some people go through mini batteries

I went to torque ups with my systema mecha-box, and had only a slight drop in my rate of fire, but my battery life more than doubled!

Just one of those little things many people don't consider ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There may be more into the gun, because I did buy this gun used from Nynja off of MIA. And he has had this setup for almost a year (I bought it in March) and so far there has been no problems. But I do understand what you are saying and agree with you, and since I haven't had any problems so far I'm just going to stick with this setup until something happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.