Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm gonna be filling my M24 stock with clay to add weight and some "heft" to the feel overall but I was wondering which clay you guys would advise using. I'm basically deciding between these two rightnow:
- Black Oven-bake clay
- White Non-Hardening Clay
The black one says "It's soft, easy-to-use and stays soft until you bake it." and I'm obviously not gonna bake it, but will heat eventually do this slowly?

Also, I've been reading that using a airsoft silencer is illegal.. I'm in California, so I was wondering if anyone had some advice on what I should do. I currently do have this silencer on my M24, and it has two end caps that screw off with some cheapo foam inside. Should I be scared to take it to the field or is there an alternative? I do plan on getting a longer than stock barrel so it is needed.. Not sure what to do about this.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what kind of clay you're talking about, but could you link me please? This is what I found. but I don't think it's what you're tlaking about. haha

As for the barrel, it's because the Snow Wolf M24 has a barrel length of 485mm, which isn't normal for aftermarket barrel lengths. I can either get a PDI Hop up chamber and go with a 509mm or stick with the stock hop up unit and go with a 499mm APS2 barrel.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll just go with the white clay then, since I found that brand when I first read about a clay stock mod suggested by the user. haha I was just worried that it'll dry and become brittle and start breaking inside my stock and potentially get into my internals, which is a very bad baddie.

I took the foam out of the silencer to be safe, although with the foam inside with some other cloths I originally had, it did help quiet it down a bit. I'm gonna keep it empty until I find out a definitive answer about my local county laws, as California is known for having some messed up laws depending on county to county stuff-_-

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well sometimes things are advertised falsely, yknow?:p Like the Jav/SW M24 being fully APS2, but then me buying a $26 adapter that doesn't fit it-_- lol anyways, thank you for your help with this. I definitely can handle the extra weight, I prefer it:)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't plan on letting it get too hot. I wont be leaving it out in the sun and what not.

As for the barrel extension/silencer, if I use super glue/epoxy to get the extension to be basically permanent on the gun itself, will it still be illegal? I would remove the foam and stuff inside of course. I really just need it to cover the extra barrel length I'm gonna have..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.