Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would have to say that i am 99% satisfied with my TM VSR. If there was one thing I would like to do to it is lower the resistance it takes to cock the bolt.

Here is my current setup.
TM VSR G-spec
PDI 6.01 430mm
PDI lightweight piston
TM precision chamber
PDI w hold bucking
PDI sears
X4 PDI barrel spacers
Dangerwerks type b hop up arm
PDI Teflon cylinder

Currently I am getting 400FPS with a .40 bb. (550 with a .20)
When I cock the bolt 2 things happen that I would like to fix but it's really not a big issue for me.

1. When I pull the bolt back it almost feels gritty not smooth like other VSR's I have tried. And because it does this it increases the force needed to cock the rifle

2, it takes a little extra muscle for the sears to engage, it's almost like when you are at 90% of your bolt pull you need just that extra bit of muscle before you hear the click of the sears grabbing the piston.

Ideas?

·
Registered
228 Posts
What spring are you using? If you are getting 400fps with 0.4 then that spring will be harder to pull for sure.

If it feels gritty, then there could be dirt or shavings in the cylinder or receiver channel. I suggest take it apart, clean and relube.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Maybe you've thought of this but you can get a much higher FPS spring and "trim" it to return back to your current fps. Resulting in a shorter spring that is easier to pull but the same power as what you currently have.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Clean it all, lubricate it all (not too much), if that doesn't do it then a zero trigger is supposed to make it easier.

Of course the other option would be to drop to a 150 spring instead of a 170. FPS isn't everything.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Clean it. Polish it. Lube/grease it. Other than that, just go to the gym more and work on those muscles! ;)

Nice build by the way, and 400fps on .40g must be good!

P.S. Yay, 700th post.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have taken it apart and cleaned everything. thats not the issue, its not a big deal but i thought it was something easy to fix. i guess i could take a heavy spring and trim it to keep my current FPS but its not worth opening everythign up.

and 400fps with a .40 is really nice. :)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Is the gritty feeling the entire pull or just a certain part of it? It might be one of the sears is rubbing up against the inside of the slot in the cylinder. Take out the cylinder and check for wear along the slot. Also check the sears for wear on the sides.

·
Registered
12 Posts
had a similar problem with the standard TU in my VSR at a 360% PDI spring.. the whole PDI HD cylinder scratched from the inside.. --> new Cylinder + vTrigger Unit = Problem solved.

·
Registered
10 Posts
read TCF posting something about a couple years back about using a #14 (right?) o-ring and putting it AROUND the front of the cylinder and then putting it back together. The o-ring was used in place of those cheap, white plastic rings that go between the upper receiver and barrel.

I haven't gotten around to testing this yet but I heard that after putting a little lube on there, the lube stayed/smeared well and helped the smoothness of the pull. It added a little pressure needed to push it forward (gravity couldn't push the bolt back by itself) but I think this would be pretty negligible, if not preferable.

If anyone tries this, let us know! Otherwise Ill be able to try in the next week or so =)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i took apart my cylinder, cleaned everything and regreased it. after a close inspection i cant for the life of me figure out whats going on with my bolt pull. the only thing i can think of is the piston. when the cylinder gets pulled back the piston inside is getting dragged along the botton the the inside of the cylinder. is this even possible?

none the less i am going to be downgrading to 500FPS (.20) and see where that takes me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's very likely your trigger unit causing this problem. Was the same with mine. Exchange the TU to a 90° as akfortyseven said and maybe get a new cylinder set. This will solve the problem. The standard TU from TM is not made for those high FPS tunings.

G's

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You can put the Pro (regular VSR) barrel in a G-spec, it'll go a little less than half way though the suppressor.

The G-Spec barrel is 303mm, the Pro barrel is 430mm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.