Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres somthing to ask you guys.

I personally value Communications, and when stalking and doing recon, having a radio by my side is just as valuable as my rifle. Specially during big games, having a radio to communicate with my team helps me when decision making and how i should go about giving Sniper Support to where best needed.

Do any of you guys use radios during your games?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I too started off with a COBRA FRS radio i got from WALLMART when i visited some relatives in CA. that was way back. We used them for a while, but it did have some drawbacks on our terrain here.

FRS Frequencies arent as robust, as we discoverd that no matter what we do, signals can seem to push through THICK brush and in the rain, wether we go LOWPOWER or HIGHPOWER Modes, this this limited our radio use.. we always had to try to find higher ground before we can transmit.

before. in my team, only TEAM LEADERS used to have VHF for SQUAD to SQUAD coms.. while individual comunications w/in SQUAD were done via HAND signals or FRS (Motorola or Cobra) radios. Snipers used VHF due to its more robust nature. Throatmics also seem to have a slight distortion when it comes to trasmitting signals.. and in my opinion i dosnt work for me.. so Boom mics are the way to go.

So the remedy, all in my team began upgrading to VHF radios. SQUAD LEADS and MEMBERS alike. Also, individuals use a variety of mics. From Throatmics (For those who like it) to Standard Ear Hook Boom Mics. To real deal SWIMMERS and HARRIS Tactical Headsets Converted to be used on VHF Radios. I got one recently, i cant wait to use it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.