Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
it’s not a rule yet, it might or might not become a rule. but as i understand it, it Dosent matter if it’s a 51-54-39, as Long as it’s a 7.62. But it kind of makes sence to me, to give different types of guns specific advantages.
big power, long Range gun 7.62. 2.85 joule dmr with 20m minimum engagement distance.

vss is a 9mm sniper, meant for shorter range precision shooting in more Urban scenarios. So Their “rule” makes sence in that aspect to. Small and light weight, super manouverable and low power. It would be put into 2.2 joule dmr class With 10m minimum engagement distance.

now back to talking about good 7.62/308 platforms :)

·
Registered
959 Posts
I know you originally said 7.62 but for a dmr I’d vote MTW. I have a friend I play with regularly who has an older one. His 12 year old son also has an MTW but a little newer. Both of them are very solid dmrs. Someone mentioned a VSS, which would be my second vote.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Vss and mtw, undeniably good choices, thx for your suggestion, but for several reasons i would like to build a drm from a 7.62 platform. good m4, slap in a Maxx hop, a fusion engine and a good barrel, get a hpa guy to set dwell and so on, then bob is my uncle erhmm lol. To many m4’s in my op. im aware that most 7.62 platforms it Not the easy road to dmr heaven, neither in drop in modifications or compactness But i still want it :)

·
Registered
959 Posts
I feel ya. It’s nice to have shit that everyone and their grandmother doesn’t have. I personally don’t like the scar, but that’s my opinion from helping my buddy with his. Maybe you could tackle that and have better luck!!

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,444 Posts
I have another stupid idea.
SCAR H in bullpup kit.
SCAR-H Bullpup | SRU Airsoft | 3D Printing Kit
This is the only 7.62 airsoft bullpup save for the SVU (as far as I recall), until the Silverback MDR comes out.
One problem would be crappy bullpup trigger, however, there is actually a fairly easy fix for this. Basically you just wire up microswitch directly behind the trigger, and run wires back to the gearbox.
Another would be the position of the fire selector.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Well as far as the 30 cal debate goes, you can chamber an AR in .7.62X39, 300 blackout, .458 socom, .50 Beowulf, and a pile of other caliber above 5.56.
As far as 7.62X39 goes, that's definitely not a DMR caliber, it's an assault caliber, so you sadly wouldn't be able to run an AK style gun.

If your field allows an AK as DMR, I'd go for an AK platform or one of the bullpup ones that are around, as it would be a great DMR if it were HPA.

·
Super Moderator
3,910 Posts
I thought that kit only worked on the GBBR version of the scar-h? Do they have an AEG kit?

hmm i need to find a ”local” shop that let me get a feel for the svu, the compactness makes it very appealing to me if the drawbacks Arent to big.

erhmm, Think my hands are medium Size, but ill look forward to the tutorial.
no pso scope and not a lefty, but i Will transition to shooting from left shoulder when needed.
I have a good quality 4-6x50 scope that isnt being used, so that is going on what ever dmr platform i go For.

In your oppinion, is there any drawbacks on wielding the svu Compares to a non bullpop large caliber gun? Or is it just a question of getting use to it?

how is the upgrade possibilities on it? doing a bit of fitment to get parts to work Well is okay, but drop in parts isnt a bad Thing:).

shoulder padding is notes, Any mods, internal And external that you would suggest if i go for the svu.
As for your questions.

Eh its mostly just getting used to it. Bullpups are a bit odd to use. I also own an AUG, better design but still a little funky to use at times.

Upgrades are kind of limited. Not a bad thing though as it doesn't really need all that much. New barrel maybe, bucking, nub. Maybe a new spring, and a basic mosfet. Wouldn't hurt to put in a high speed motor either, but not super required.

Getting to the gearbox and barrel is the hard part as you have to take the entire gun apart to do so, and I do mean EVERYTHING. Other than that, its solid.

The mod I did makes the gun only use Milwaukee M12 batteries. I own a lot of these for work, so its far easier to mess with then dumb airsoft bricks and what not.

If you want to go full internal upgrade, Combat union makes a CNC kit. You can get it from KIT Milled SVD/SVU Gearbox (grey-shop.ru)

I don't feel its all that necessary, but its good to know. I thought retroarms made a gearbox for it, but i do not see it now. Could have been a limited time run or something.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,444 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,910 Posts
Hmmm.... Might do that with the SCAR-L I picked up. Shoots pretty well for a completely stock unmodded gun.

Might also pick up a kit for my g18 and mk23

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks again guys, cool with suggestions and oppinions :).

that we scar conversion kit looks awesome, Shame they dont do that look for aegs.

atm im pretty into the svd, but if i run into a used tm scar i would consider that too. Will be a bit before i start my project, Will start looking into parts and plan it.

ben

21 - 30 of 30 Posts