Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3,788 Posts
I shoot smallbore here in my area.

Usually get together with a group of guys and hit the range. I usually piss them off when I win though. Have shot against alot of really good shooters, as well as really nice rifles. And I do just as good as them when I use my $300 russian.

When I get home can put up some pics of the rifle and some of the targets we shoot.

Trying to get in on a State team here in my area... The one bad thing is they shoot at a range 180 miles away from me every week. So travel would suck... though guys are trying to get one here in my town.

· Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool! I have always wanted to shoot precision smallbore, but if you thought airsoft was expensive, try $3500 for the base rifle not including the $500 for all of the clothes.

I currently shoot sporter air rifle and am about to start air pistol.

· Registered
3,788 Posts
My rifle cost me $300, scope $150. And I am able to keep up with guys that have $3500 into there kit. And man does that piss people off when I show up in my street clothes and out shoot them in field target shooting.

What kind of air rifle do you have? Been wanting either a nice Walther LG-2, or a nice Steyer.

· Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was talking about olympic style smallbore, but i still LOVE field target. Right now, i am shooting a daisy 888 (all that is allowed in sporter), but when i get my scores up, and have the money, i will be buying an anchutz 8002 s2 or a Feinwerkbau 700 Aluminum.

· Registered
3,788 Posts

Izmash CM-2

25 yard target. After a good cleaning and sighting in with the Blazers that I normally use. Just checking how much different the zero is.

50 yard target. F=Foccohi E=Eley Sport B= Blazer

100 yard target. Just shot 3 rounds each ammo to see what would happen. Didn't expect her to group that well at 100.

All ammo is of the 40 grain variety. I still need to make sure that this BSA scope is up to par for shooting. Didn't get a chance to shoot a box test on her, but I am still very happy with the results.

Lets see what you shoot silent.

· Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will try to post some pics tomorrow.

EDIT:
Well, my nice competition rifle is still with my coaches after our last national competition (inventory and repairs ::))
I will try and post some pictures once i get my rifle back.
If you were wondering, i usually score low 90's in prone, high 80's (85-88) in kneeling, and high 70's to low 80's in standing.

· Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay,
I am fed up with waiting for my competition rifle, so here is a quick target with shots all taken in the prone position with no glove or sling (unsupported). I know that they are not very good, but the rifle i used is pretty old and leaks a lot.

I am sorry if the images are a little blurry, but i didn't use a good camera.
To put it in perspective, the black section is about the size of a quarter.

P.S. This was all shot from 10 meters.
P.S.S. There was a little wind.
P.S.S.S. I will post again when i get my competition rifle.
P.S.S.S.S. I was not going for point value as much as i was going for consistency.
P.S.S.S.S.S. Earlier today i shot 5 shots all literally in the SAME hole in the same conditions listed above, AND they were all in the dead center of the 10-ring.
P.S.S.S.S.S.S This is a lot of P.S.'s

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.