Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
490 Posts
What sniper do you like the look of?

I went for an l96 in the end over a vsr / t11 as I just prefer the look. No one here ends up with just 1 rifle so make your first your passion project.

That said check what platform it's based on to make sure it's easy to upgrade.

· Registered
490 Posts
I'm a big fan of the VSR 10 look. Always liked the classic Remington 700. I have looked a lot at the TMs, JG, and the SSG 10 series. Might be able to pick up an SSG10 A2 stock for under 300 but I'm not sure if it's worth it in the long run.
So you have a few options for a "classic hunting/sniper rifle" base

-The tm vsr 10 (not recommend as every part needs replacing so just a waste of money)
-Cyma 701
-JB bar 10
(These 3 all have some weakpoints.that will limit the build untill it reaches near completion)

If you want a modern looking stock than
-Action army t11 (best cheap rifle that is usable and can be upgraded over time without too many major weak points)(also the one I would go for if doing a vsr build)

These 4 options are all vsr systems that should take any vsr part

Their are also other systems on the market that are heavily vsr based(compatible) such as barrett fieldcraft but I will leave others to comment on them.
This list is definitive by any means as I'm not a vsr person myself. So you may want to gather more community opinions/options.

· Registered
490 Posts
I don't really like the VSR anymore as it just seems to be a money pit compared to everything else.
If I were to buy another springer, which I likely never will, it would be one of the new things like the the ArchWick .300 blackout thing, the SCOUT, or maybe the TAC. The SCOUT I think would be a better option from the sounds of it, but only just. If the TAC didn't have murderous tendencies when it comes to buckings, it may be where it's at.
The SCOUT and .300 blackout thing are just naturally cooler than the TAC ever will be, but it's a solid performer by the sounds of it nonetheless.

Anyways, I think that the VSR is still king as it now has the SSG10 making it more popular and generally way better than all other VSRs, but it's not a very cool gun as it's just something you can buy, and as it's so affordable, everybody has them. That may be the main draw to the VSR actually, being unique, but the VSR is very mayo unless you're out there making badass parts for them like Masada, Corriander, Fynn something or other, or you're hacking them to bits and making them awesome like Blind Sniper. They still remain a great choice, but they are really no longer cool anymore.
If the vsr didn't exist previously and was released today (in the stock tm spec form) it wouldn't be looked at considering the amount that needs replacing to be designed differently to work well at most places joule limit.

It was king for a long time but not because it was designed well (it wasn't) but because aftermarket redesigns have it the ability to perform well.

Most people weren't using a vsr essentially after all the work was done to them to be honest.

If I get another sniper it will be a tac41 next loved the one I shoot awhile ago was so nice to use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts