Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I was just doing my regular cleaning and I thought I'd just see how well sealed my cylinder was. You guys know what I mean by compression test right? Pull the piston back and put your finger on the end of the cylinder head to prevent air from coming out. Turns out that I have no compession at all.... This can't be right....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Compression is only needed to maximize efficiency. Seen how I am above the fps limit already, it is unimportant. However, if you need more fps you may want to improve your compression for the best possible fps without having to buy a new spring that is harder to pull.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
There are some pistons made that if you have a jam or something it will stop the air from coming out, pretty neat actually. forgot who makes them.

Using teflon tape on all of your threads will prevent this even more, i have perfect compression on my 96, to the point where the escaping air pushes my finger away from the nossle after a second or two.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.