Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My field isn't very large, doesn't have lots of shrubbery, or many elevation changes. However, it does get overgrown a touch, and there is a nice tree line where one could monitor enemy movement with the aid of some binos.

That being said, a full suit was out of the question. It just wasn't needed. I already had a full suit, so i decided to start with it to come up with this.

002 by tjstivers, on Flickr

003 by tjstivers, on Flickr

004 by tjstivers, on Flickr

005 by tjstivers, on Flickr

The base is a size large flight suit that I cut in half. I decided to do away with the legs for mobility purposes. The buckles and webbing were sewed on by me with some fishing line and a needle. I'll likely coat the knots in shoe goo later.
Questions? Comments? Flames? I'll update this thread as it takes shape.

G

·
This looks good! And there was a thread on here about a removable ghillie, and this is what I think one should look like. Just I don't know if the person wanted a FULL removable ghillie, but this looks great.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not as bad as I thought. In the event that it does, I'll likely tear up a foam pad and adhere that to the inside as best I can.

What do you guys think I should do in regards to the hat? I can't decide whether I want to have it attached to the collar or not.

I just finished the latest addition. They're thumb loops to hold the sleeves when crawling, I don't know how any of my other ghillies got by without them.

002 by tjstivers, on Flickr

001 by tjstivers, on Flickr
Just two small strands of paracord, a needle, and some fishing line. I will definitely cover the knots with shoe goo.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Man I am sad that you cut a perfectly good flight suit in half lol, i've had so much trouble finding one your luck to have had one. But it looks awesome for a stalker suit if you're in long grass this will definetley be all you need nice and light.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hmm I don't know personally I would make the front covered as well the half ghillies seam like there more suited to be used as stalker suits just because your legs would give you away if your lying down.

I'm going to make one similar to this. i plan on doing it like a shirt or a sweater just netting that way it will be low temp for the days were Michigan gets ungodly hot for the winter lovers like me haha :tup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.