Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't want to get too long on this.
Looking forward to be a ghillie player, been doing it recently with my AEG but it gets difficult because:
1) my replica is loud
2) not as consistent as I would like (not every shot goes into the center of the reticle, and I love 1 shot 1 kill, hate to compensate with volume because one BB went way off in respect to where I was aiming)

So my new project would be to get a gun to use when I feel "ghilliesh", mostly camping. In my country both have same limits (1 joule) but with proper R-hop I'm able to reach 60 meters with 0,32BBs. I know this because I have an R-Hop system on my AEG, but at such distances, a very slow BB that doesn't go into the center of your reticle is pretty annoying, because they will notice you and hide the tiny portion of the body they had exposed. The only solution is fire more shots consecutively before the first BB arrives and in that way you will most likely get the kill. However, I hate this. I want my shots to go where I'm aiming to. No matter if it is 20 meters or 60.

I don't mind spending a good ammount of money, but first I need to know if it is possible for an AEG to be more consistent than a Bolt Action or if this is possible only with an HPA system, and so AEG will always be less consistent than BASR no matter what.

I don't want to consider HPA because I find the tank very unconfy in bushes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most people don't take their rifles to the extreme that I am in the process of and others have done, so you may think that an AEG is as good as a good bolt action, but your AEG is very likely at the maximum it can be without a POM tappet plate and the ability to make your own parts, and even then there's not too much that could be done.
Semi auto HPA systems are definitely a couple notches above the best AEG if the same amount of work is put into aligning, fitting, and adjusting everything correctly, but they are still not the maximum in performance due to the
Bolt action on the other hand is rarely taken to it's maximum capable performance, but has the ability to have everything perfectly rigid and centered with various modifications and parts remade.
Another thing that a bolt rifle has over anything else is nozzle push force, as no AEG has enough power or a strong enough tappet plate to compete, and neither does a semi auto HPA system.
This means that with properly sorted ammo and a rigid receiver and stock you can have your bolt handle be pushed quite hard into the rear end of the receiver or stock bolt handle cutout, giving you as close to zero movement as is possible, resulting in the most consistent hop possible if everything else isn't screwing things up.

This relates directly to of from the firearms world, as AEGs are comparable to open bolt guns, not at all capable of precision due to stuff slamming around before the BB is even loaded, and the BB or bullet isn't placed in the exact same depth, giving inconsistent velocity and hop amount, drastically changing trajectory.

Semi or fully automatic closed bolt rifles such as the AR series is more comparable to an HPA engine, capable of .5 MOA groups, but also capable of 30 MOA groups depending on how things interact.
With this style the bullet resides in the chamber and is seated at about the same depth each time depending on many things, and that combined with no fat chunk of metal slamming forward and longer trigger/shot delay leads to substantially better accuracy.

And for the bolt action system, the best of them all.
This gives you absolute and utter control of the speed and depth you place the cartridge and a very simplistic system can be capable of .250 groups at 200 yards, and also capable of relatively predictably smoking body sized plates at 3 miles.
Lol, I wish here In italy we were able to push BASR to higher joules, but that 1Joule for everyone, just kill the purpose. I think my best bet would be an HPA DMR style, but I don't honestly know which base. I really like the MK12 (yeah I watched Lone Survivor, don't hate me) but everyone said that the A&K sr25 is the best one in terms of externals similitudes to the MK12, but it is also very heavy.
I'll try to sell my AEG and then, only then, I'll look around for DMRs, not the type of guy liking to spend a lot of money of more replicas if I only use one. However, I will always love the Bolt Action style given the incredible consistency that can be achieved with them. Any one managed to get +/-0 fps deviance in 20 shots?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.