Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

Are airsoft consumables, in general, too expensive?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Some - Specify which

Votes: 2 22.2%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,721 Posts
I'd say that BBs have certainly become unreasonable, and same with shipping and fuel.

I recall buying a bag of BLS .43g for $22 back in maybe 2018, which would be .9462 cents per round, but now for the same BBs its 2.0215 cents per round which is really quite unreasonable.
I can't imagine that BB plastic has become that expensive, so I'd put it down to shipping, but what I think is most likely is factories, retailers, and shipping companies raising prices regardless, using "inflation" as a cover.
As for green gas, I use a propane canister I refill from a large one for about $1 per charge, and my SSX23 uses less than 2 canisters a year, so for me gas is cheap. Really everybody should use propane, as outdoors you will likely be running or there will be wind to deal with the smell, which is really not that bad to begin with.

As for game days themselves, the last one I did was probably about $35 in BBs, $31 in field entrance, $25 in food from my house to there, $60 in gas in my friend's car, and the mental drain of camping in a Walmart parking lot.
Gas was actually higher than $60 that day as my friend turned a 2-3 hour journey into a 8-9 hour journey, and the return into a 6-7 hour journey. Next time I'm driving.

Anyways, having split gas, that's a $121 day, which is really quite expensive.
If we drive my Focus instead of his clapped out Imprezza SI, that should halve that gas, and if I bulk order BBs that should halve the BBs or a little better, but regardless I'll still be spending $100 a day at best.
This is why I only play about 6 times a year, it's just a pretty sizeable drain of my current income when I still have other hobbies to support.

Edit: 162 miles one direction

· Registered
3,721 Posts
Glad I scored a $300 focus from my friend's dad lol, my 2004 Outback was pretty far gone.

Is Facebook marketplace not really a thing? You can get cars relatively cheap, and you could even get a duplicate and use it as a donor. Not something everybody will do, but good to keep in mind if you have storage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts