Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im not one for liking CQB sniping suituations but the last day I was out I ended up in this situation.
(ie: small buildings that make up a small "village" that is surrounded with hills with not much cover). Its not my strong point. however I feel that I will end up in this situation again one day. My question simply is this: does anyone have good tactics for this situation?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Let your support gunners and AEGs do all the distracting. While staying as low key and in as much cover as possible. Only take shots that you know you can hit, and if your noticed, stay off the trigger for a bit.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I typically move to control long streets and vital windows, or I hold in reserve and wait to be called to bring a troublesome hardpoint to vengeance. Also, I keep the pistol handy and only wield the rifle when in the very moment of taking long shots.

Also, always have a guard when on the attack.

Also, DMR.

Taking a tower or tall floor can also be handy. I imagine for a silly Bolt-actioner, it might feel more secure. With many engagements being near the verge of the MED, the rapid whistle and ricochet noise of the DMR seems to give the enemy a bit of hidiness.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Find somewhere in the shadows to hide ;)

I will typically watch people from the distance and see where they all go. You can usually spot a pattern and then stay away from the common areas. Make a hide in one of the outer buildings that people seem to ignore, and make a hide in there.

You are going to be far more useful in a CQB area to call in the locations of the other people, and let them know where people are moving. You can also find where the head guys are staying and try and get them with that one single shot.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is good advice except taking a tower would be a bad idea as everybody wants control of the towers so every moves to them. I would think that watching for enemy would be a better idea.

Also I would rather take my BASR as what ever chance I have at staying concealed and shooting with it I would lose with the DMR.

·
Registered
527 Posts
It is plenty bumpy. Taking a high window is a good idea, if it gives a clear vantage. Hiding in it alone without security is the bad part. Given the lower re-fire of a BAR, I think, though it can be the obvious place, it can give the sniper the place to spot the enemy as he comes and help the men holding it.

A sniper alone in house-to-house is generally for it.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Yeah I wasn't meaning to take the highest tower on the field, because where is the first place that everyone looks when they hear a sniper is shooting.... the highest point.

I will either take the lowest point, or a middle ground. That way while people are looking up, you can pop them in the chest ;) Just make sure that you shoot from inside of the building, to keep the noise down, as well as the sight from a long slender barrel out a window.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Close quarters situations can get distracting. If you use the traffic flow to your advantage, then a lot of your opponents will find themselves defending from one angle and receiving a .36g from the other.

·
Registered
354 Posts
If you need to clear a building alone with just a pistol take it slower than the usualy kick and bang tactic. If your going in with a fire team or a squad and you dont have a secondary other than a pistol hang to the back. depending on the size of the building and if you are by yourself have some early warning devices or noise makers to let you know when you are not alone, and dont go in somewhere where there is only one way in and one way out. Always have an exit strategy

·
Registered
527 Posts
Fair enough, Woogie

Oh! Windows. learn to go through windows and fall out the other side. Often the fastest, safest egress. Also, everyone will think you are badass.

I wonder, how commonly do fields have a maximum downward angle at which people are allowed to shoot?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Quite honestly, I don't see sniping/DMR'ing quite as practical in an urban/CQB environment, unless you are (1) in a perfect vantage point, or (2) needed in order to take out an important target.

Running around a village with a sniper rifle or DMR just doesn't make much sense. I'd personally stick to a sidearm, preferably an SMG, and just keep the sniper rifle behind my back until I reach say, a nice building, or anywhere that you can see a wide area, hide easily, and have good cover.

Or, say there's a VIP that needs to be taken out, if you're doing that kind of scenario, or an MG holed up somewhere, or even another sniper. Just do same as above, and then hustle out of there.

I do all of this myself. I have good stories to share for you guys if you are interested, just so I don't sound theoretical.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ah but I have an M40A1 and a M16. I cant really run around with the two and I ended up in this situation wearing my ghillie.

Maybe I should have mentioned that the site I was playing at is a mainly outdoor site with a small group of buildings. The game we were playing meant that my team had to be in the village. ( sorry if I wasted anybodys time)

·
Registered
196 Posts
One of the site's I often play at is an ex-military base and has a mix of fields and buildings. I still Ghillie up and take my DMR out with me cause there are plenty of opportunities to use it. You can easily control large portions of game area from a well defended window.

I remember setting up camp well in enemy held territory with another Sniper and our spotter. The spotter covered the corridors outside of our room, and we killed anything that came in site and range of our windows. It took the opposition 20 minutes to realize where the fire was coming from, then we bugged out and left them to storming an empty building :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.