Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I can't remember whether the trigger in the APS Fieldcraft was 100% VSR compatible. If it is, there may be a new Zero Trig alternative. WGC is selling the trigger standalone... For $35. If it is a fully compatible VSR unit, that is an INSANE deal for a good trigger for the VSR, I don't remember TenshouYoku having anything bad to say about it.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,036 Posts
Hey guys. I can't remember whether the trigger in the APS Fieldcraft was 100% VSR compatible. If it is, there may be a new Zero Trig alternative. WGC is selling the trigger standalone... For $35. If it is a fully compatible VSR unit, that is an INSANE deal for a good trigger for the VSR, I don't remember TenshouYoku having anything bad to say about it.

According to @TenshouYoku you might have to modify it for it to fit into a VSR10 stock.
It does attach to vsr receivers though.
There is also the option of the Archwick trigger.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any reviews? About time someone made it cheap
On TenshouYoku's reddit post, he mentioned that, although it is full steel construction, it's a cheaper kind that files down pretty easily. Still worth a shot at that price, I'll just leave the link to TenshouYoku's review.

·
Registered
590 Posts
TenshouYoku here.

I'm not entirely sure if you can really cut down the trigger box and make it fit inside a regular VSR stock, for that I didn't actually disassemble the trigger and see how much of that protrusion is empty space unnecessary for operation. (I probably should, but I'm not really putting too much faith to my craftsmanship for that regard...) You should be able to get the M2 screws out and put in M3 screws instead.

And yeah the steel used (or at least some sort of metal with some iron powder) is pretty cheap you can file it down fairly easily, but lower 2Js should still be survivable.

Reactions: kazuchan

·
Registered
590 Posts
Can't you just modify the stock itself instead?
At least on the AACT10, absolutely not. The amount of materials you would need to make it work would be totally stupid it's not worth the work.

For regular VSRs, I think it should be possible to fit the Field craft trigger on it, depending on how the extra material on the trigger box plays with the trigger guard. The actual worry might actually be the forward section of the trigger box (which you will need to cut down some of the trigger guard like installing the Action Army trigger, no biggie).

·
Registered
232 Posts
Also available on airsoft.tiger111HK (around $1.50usd cheaper shipped to the states). They also have the archwick trigger blackdog mentioned which looks nicer and more "drop-in" ready but cost a little more ($50) and doesn't look like it comes with a spring guide stopper (stock/shs compatible maybe?). I believe I seen somewhere that archwick rates their trigger to like 2.8J or something. Don't hold me to this, I can't find where I seen it to verify.
Then there is the good ol JJ-trigger some love and some hate. Seems to be okay under 3J if sears are polished.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Then there is the good ol JJ-trigger some love and some hate. Seems to be okay under 3J if sears are polished.
I used to sell this trigger and it was terrible. I would never recommend it unless you are below 1.9 joules.
Some people found them OK but the majority had issue with the sears wearing out after a few months.

(By the way JJ, if you would like me to stop posting this, please make them with a harder metal and then send me a freebee to test. I can then let people know that they are OK and I may start selling them again. These need to be improved)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I used to sell this trigger and it was terrible. I would never recommend it unless you are below 1.9 joules.
Some people found them OK but the majority had issue with the sears wearing out after a few months.
If anyone would know, it would be you 1tonne. So it seems like the JJ and APS are probably pretty similar then. Good 90deg triggers for lower power builds. Which adds another budget option escworks trigger group kit. I am pretty sure I seen somewhere that it has tested good up to 2J.

·
Registered
232 Posts
have you seen this? might be adaptable with a bit of 3D printing
I have had the thought of robbing the internals to my cheap sr-2 triggers then printing a housing around them for the vsr but that one look a lot easier to do that with and cheaper. I like that thought.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had the thought of robbing the internals to my cheap sr-2 triggers then printing a housing around them for the vsr but that one look a lot easier to do that with and cheaper. I like that thought.
yeah, exactly
there was someone with a fully 3D printed trigger box and 3d printed sear/trigger so I was thinking of doing something similar but utilising the parts of this trigger

1 - 17 of 17 Posts