Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mission: To build a general use rifle, fairly stealthy, and with 300 ft Range with .40g bb

Tokyo Marui VSR 10 Pro Sniper

Laylax Spring Guide
Laylax Cylinder Head
Laylax Dampers
Laylax Teflon Cylinder
Action Army Z Trigger
Laylax 550 FPS Spring

PDI Hop Up Chamber
Prometheus 430mm 6.03 inner Barrel
Firefly Hard Bucking
Barrel Spacers
Threaded Barrel Adapter
245mm Mock Suppressor
MK36 Flash Hider
Dangerwerx Hopup Arm

Teflon Taped Bucking
Teflon Taped Cylinder Head
Acoustic/Memory Foam, or Clay filled stock (Which is best?)
Left Hand Bolt Mod

Anything I am missing?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Memory foam filled stock works the best for noise but has no weight if you want weight go for modeling clay and instead of a PDI hop up chamber get AA's hop up chamber it has better airseal.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Not quite there

1. Danger arm and pdi is no go unless they have a split arm I don't know about
2. Barrel is too long to be efficient . Doubt you hit accurate at 300

·
Registered
491 Posts
keep stock chamber, B-lever with firefly, 6.05 430mm PDI barrel and TDC mod... that's what you surely need to change about the setup... the rest is alright:)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Not quite there

1. Danger arm and pdi is no go unless they have a split arm I don't know about
2. Barrel is too long to be efficient . Doubt you hit accurate at 300
The PDI Chamber has two arms and the barrel is fine; it just depends on what bb weight he will use which will then determine length.

I think you put a typo:
Threaded
Barrel
Adapter
:nuts:

But if you are to get the pdi chamber, you dont need a dangerwerx arm.
However, you really would not be able to hit 300" "accurately," probably 200" accurately. Even most high end rifles will not hit a target 300" 7/10 times or so. Other than that, your setup is pretty good.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Get Action Army brand over Laylax. It is a lot cheaper and also better quality.
I would agree.

Before, PDI and Laylax were the two "best" companies to buy quality BASR parts from.

However, now that AA has cloned almost every Laylax part, and even improved upon the design, Laylax doesn't seem relevant anymore.

It seems like EdGI and PDI are the two top companies, followed closely by AA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, should I do an overhaul of the list and replace the Laylax parts with PDI?

·
Registered
47 Posts
So, should I do an overhaul of the list and replace the Laylax parts with PDI?
PDI can sometimes be harder to come by seeing as you have to ship their parts from Japan (X-Fire), while Action Army can be found on Amazon and many other US-Based retailers. Also their Hop-Up chamber is widely regarded as the best made. Their piston and trigger set is also amazing (perfect air seal).

I have owned PDI parts and AA parts. I would choose Action Army any day of the week purely for availability. That being said, PDI does make some of the best barrels on the market (better than AA). Both are amazing upgrade parts, it just comes down to availability and shipping really.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
The one big advantage with PDI is the larger bore cylinder and the thread on the cylinder head is thicker.

·
Registered
322 Posts
EdGI all the way my friend... awesome customer service and totatlly custom made to your specs, cant ask for more, now if only he made orga-sized barrells :(.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have always liked Laylax and now I am leaning more towards AA. Hope what I post helps.

Laylax Spring Guide
Laylax Cylinder Head
Laylax Dampers
Laylax Teflon Cylinder
Action Army Z Trigger - laylax zero trigger
Laylax 550 FPS Spring -130 or 170 spring. I found 170 was a pain to pull back to meet the 550 fps.

PDI Hop Up Chamber - I would go with AA chamber (You don't have to tdc the outer barrel.
Firefly Hard Bucking - Maple leaf or stick with the TM bucking. You could r-hop or flat hop. I am on a flat hop kick
Barrel Spacers
Threaded Barrel Adapter
245mm Mock Suppressor
MK36 Flash Hider
Dangerwerx Hopup Arm

Teflon Taped Bucking
Teflon Taped Cylinder Head
Acoustic/Memory Foam, or Clay filled stock (Which is best?) I have 50/50. foam in the front and clay in the butt stock.
Left Hand Bolt Mod

Anything I am missing?

·
Registered
290 Posts
if your just going to buy the AA trigger, help a brother out and get the S-trigger. Springer makes a pretty good product! The second option I would throw out there is the AA trigger and piston package, though I don't know how those would play with the PDI cylinder.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Don't get the Laylax parts. Action Army is better and cheaper. If you have the extra money then by all means, purchase Laylax. But you will not be better off.
I am guessing this is for a VSR10.

So this is what you should get:
AA Spring Guide
Laylax Dampers
AA Teflon Cylinder with cylinder head included
Action Army Z Trigger
Laylax 550FPS Spring (This would be an SP170) or AA M170 spring (I like Laylax more for springs though as they have less of a twang sound)
AA VSR Hopup chamber.
Maple 70 degree Bucking with Maple AEG Hopup Spacer (This is a form or R-hop)
Barrel Spacers (made from masking tape)
Threaded Barrel Adapter
245mm Mock Suppressor

You do not need:
MK36 Flash Hider (Not needed with silencer)
Dangerwerx Hopup Arm (not needed with the AA Chamber)
Teflon Taped Bucking (AA Chamber will seal perfectly without this mod)
Teflon Taped Cylinder Head (AA Cylinder and head seal perfectly anyway)
Acoustic/Memory Foam, or Clay filled stock (I would not bother as it does not reduce much of the sound but adds a lot of weight)
Left Hand Bolt Mod (Train yourself to fire it right handed. This takes about 2-3 weeks. Every time you pick it up only grab it with your right hand and it will become so natural)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Appreciate the advice, however I will have to reject some of it.

I'm dead set on left hand mod because I am blind in the right eye. I've been told all my life to shoot right handed (both real steel and airsoft) and it's just annoying to hear now.

As for filling the stock I prefer realistic weight and lower sound. The mk36 flash hider is for when I don't want the rifle to be too long.

Thanks for the advice guys, I think I'm ready to make my final list.

Reactions: 1tonne

·
Registered
290 Posts
I am also a lefty though I am gaining some ambidextrous abilities. While there is something to be said for a left handed shooter shooting a right handed rifle in a single shot bench match. There really is no advantage to learning to shoot right handed other then the amount of stuff that's already made for right handed people. I say full steam ahead with the left hand mods! Time to start the revolution.

On a side note, I am looking at making some custom sniper rifles using a new gas delivery system. The gun will be able to be converted to left handed easily. Mag button will be ambidextrous.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts