Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
You must have a crap ton of time on your hands! This project is the kind of thing I think of for half the year and never execute because of time/money. This summer, I want to take a gbb aug or some other platform and HPA tap it with an unlimited bb hose to a backpack. BWAHAHA

But I usually don't have time or resources anyways.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hpa guns are crazy i remember seeing someone that modded a 1911 to accept m4 style mags and a gas canister

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
HPA really isn't that crazy, it's just a superior power source with different drawbacks over green gas, C02, spring, and electric power sources.

That being said, I have seen a pistol hooked up to an auto winding LMG magazine and with HPA, and it just shot forever, or for at least until you empty a magazine that requires multiple packs of ammo and a backpack to carry it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)

Handle is almost ready for jb weld and either braces,pins or both

Should i paint it green or black? (along with the foregrip)

I also need to make a latch mechanism for co2 access

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

Ive worked on the foregrip and outerbarrel.. it has no play what so ever and is ready for screws

Also taped the inner barrel like so...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Now it shoots great outer barrel works great

I think i could actually hit something with this now

Ill see if i can buy some power epoxy to use on the stock later today maybe some primer and green spray paint...

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
HPA converting a GBB is as simple as replacing the fill valve in the magazine with a $10 adapter.
You do need about $100-200 for a tank, regulator, and line, and maybe a hand pump, but it is worth it if you always play with that pistol.

For converting an AEG to HPA, add $200-$550 to the tank and line price.
Still, that's about as much as a RetroArms gearbox, nice motor, nice gears, nice MOSFET, and all the other shit to make a top tier AEG, so it's really personal preference, lube some O-rings every 50K shots with top tier performance, or have a more attention hungry gun that is free of an air line.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

There are two large weights in the stock .

My first though was space for a bigger co2 cartridge..

But for now ill just find some way to attach them to the inside of the stock.

Also need to find some foam...

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I suggest that you DON'T put those weights back in.

For sound dampening, I suggest that you line the stock with aluminum tape for duct work, and then fill it with foam, paper towels, or something similar.
If it is weight you are after, I guess put the metal bars back in, but idk why....

As for a larger C02 cartridge, I wouldn't suggest that as they are more expensive per shot fired, and you would need to buy hoses and an adapter which would be even more expensive.
If you lower the power by cutting a spring/adding a weaker one, you will get more shots per cartridge due to less gas consumption.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Mildly off topic, but I wanted to ask. For converting a gas mag to hpa, does it have to be adapted at the fill valve? I'd like to take something like a GHK AUG and tap it, but I would think that a lower profile option would be to drill straight into the back of the mag, where it faces the stock. Could you just drill, tap, and add the adapter with some PTFE on the threads?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
A friend of mine did that with some extendo 1911 or 2011 mags and it was cool, so I'd suggest it of you think you are capable.

That being said, drill in the thickest area, and remember that you could always put a 90° elbow fitting on the bottom so the QD fitting comes straight back in a natural manner.
I would also want to do it with metric fittings as they use a gasket, not a taper that relies on the thread to seal.
If you did either a metric thread or 1/8 NPT I would recommend that you don't use PTFE tape, ask Polarstar what they use instead, they know a bit more about this type situation than I do.

You rarely see this style of HPA tap as GBBRs aren't common, and even less common with HPA, and people don't really run extendos in pistols as they will just use regular mags or an M4 mag adapter, but it's definitely better than having the hose hook up to the bottom.
On my Polarstar F2 I have the line routed out of the back through the sling plate as through the grip is uncomfortable and out in the open to snag on shit, and I can never go back lol.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts