Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Greece .
I'd like to share couple of pics of my recently finished AR-15 project .
I wasn't happy with any of the current factory models on the DM class rifles , so I decided to build one from the ground up just the way I want it .
It is based (loosely) on the JP-15 model of JP Competition Rifles .

Magpul PTS metal receiver
Magpul PTS-MIAD grip (not shown on pics - still in the box as the weapon is on display on a local airsoft shop)
Madbull JP medium front conversion kit
G&P A2 style stock
CA short M16 mags
Madbull 6.03 inner barrel
Systema Magnum motor
Systema M150 gearbox.

However this is my first and last AEG project as I plan on acquiring a bolt action rifle and leave the aeg world for good .

·
Registered
974 Posts
Wow, very nice work! I love the JP rifles compensators. Was there a reason you didn't go with a JP receiver set? I never liked it much myself anyway, it looks too 'space age'.

Also, welcome to the forums. Greece, huh? I spent a couple days there on my way back from Italy, lovely country.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx.
The whole project was just an essay on what you can really do this days with proper gun knowledge and the right parts available (I'm an active service Air Force Msgt , so I know couple things about weapons ;)).

The choice of the receiver was a coin toss more or less . I equally like the Magpul and JP receivers but in the end I wanted something more tactical and less "competition" in appearance and function.

I too agree , the muzzle brake is the most impressive part of the rifle .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.