Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Custom Blaser LRS-1 * FINISHED*

Well as some of you know I took the possession of a fellow members rifle here a few weeks ago. While I was away for my 2 weeks I was able to do some thinking and some planning. I had just about everything figured out and ready to go when I got home.

The customer wanted me to do a short barreled version of the rifle, as well as some basic tweaks and fixes to her. After some talking and some mocking up the parts he was happy with the proposed outcome and I started to work.

The first step was to cut a 6" chunk out of the middle of the outer barrel. After everything was trued up and cleaned I welded the ends together, this was done to ensure the barrel still had the internal threading at the end. Of course when you cut down the outer barrel you then need to cut down the inner barrel. With the inner barrel chucked up in the lathe the end of the barrel came off, and while the barrel was in the lathe I went at it with some polishing compound to make it nice and shiny.

I then went looking for something that can be used for a fake suppressor for the end of the rifle. There is a small cap that fits into the end of the barrel that supports the inner barrel ( the end of the barrel is threaded for a proprietary muzzle adapter as a G-spec adapter wont fit ) The owner and I ended up both liking the chunky look of a spray can...yes you read that correctly a spray paint can. The little cap that holds the end of the barrel was epoxied to the end of the spray can, and the can was then JB welded to the end of the barrel.

And that puts us up to where I am now. I am waiting on the cylinder to get to my house, so I can do a few tweaks to the cylinder and the hop chamber. I am really hoping to get the cylinder before Friday, so I can get the tweaks done and be able to use the rifle here this Saturday.

And now for the pics :D :D

Early photo with the mock up of the spray can.

Inner barrel after the cut down :D

And then this is how she is now. She is wearing my BSA target scope, and the owner is more than welcome to buy it if wanted ;)

Please ignore the crappy picture, it is dark up here and that was the best I could do. As soon as I can I will get some better pics.

·
Registered
318 Posts
That's a fine looking gun there, woogie! Great job! I can't wait to see how sharp it'll look when it's all painted up!

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have some bondo and some other things on the barrel/suppressor combo right now.

And just a correction as well.....the can at the end isn't a spray can. It is a can of air freshener. It gives the rifle the same look, but is a little slimmer and not as bulky looking.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Great job with this build so far. That has to be one of the best looking rifles...
I think I like it this way much better than the original.
Do you have any other plans for it yet? I'm excited.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Haha ok thats fair enough. Just as long as we get some pictures when you do! :)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well but of course :D

I just about enjoy doing this more than I do actually playing the sport. When I am done with this rifle, I may be willing to work on more if people would want. Though I am really anxious to see what the owner will think of the rifle once she is back in his hands.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.