Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, for a while now I have been trying very hard to start an airsoft painting service.

Well, I am overjoyed to announce that my dream has come true! From last October to today, I have completed multiple other painting jobs, all turning out extremely well. I have also amassed many camouflage paint colors.

I have also devoted many hours to making a website. This website, Paint Ops Airsoft, displays a brief introduction to our company and who we are. It also shows a pricing breakdown (for both rifles and pistols). The pricing for camo ranges from $32.99 (ABU camo pistol) to $139.99 (separated hextech camo rifle).

But we don't just offer camo! We also have specialty add-on stencils ranging from the US Marines logo to the Hunger Games Mockingjay pin.

So, I would be really grateful if everybody would go check out the site, as it is very fresh and needs feedback (don't use the contact us button, that's for orders, post your feedback here).

Lastly, the first order on my new website gets 15% off their order and gets to choose a specialty stencil (up to $10) for me to apply at no extra cost! I will notify you if you are the first order.

Thank you, and have a good night!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Replying to come back to this later :)

·
Super Moderator
3,747 Posts
How about some pictures of your work...

·
Super Moderator
3,747 Posts
...really... pictures of stencils.... No pictures of anything you have actually painted?

·
Registered
186 Posts
...really... pictures of stencils.... No pictures of anything you have actually painted?
This. If someone wants to have their gun painted, they want to see the results.. I can get the stencils myself. Why should I send you my gun, what's the finish on your work. That's what people need to see.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Especially for $140... A gunskin is $50 and paint is <$20...
Sorry for the mess-up. The $130+ prices were an error (what happens when you try to do website design at 2 AM). They are now down to <$120. These high prices are due to the complexity of the stencil and/or the difficulty of the weeding process (removing the stencil from the rest of the vinyl.

About the gunskins, I am in the process of designing a product similar to this. It will be a waterslide decal hybrid. It will be applied by letting it sit on top of water for 1-2 minutes. You then slide it off the backing and apply it to your gun. This can be applied with any image or camo design that you would like. This is still in development, but please let me know if I should continue working towards it or just ditch it.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
...aka hydrodipping...

professional hydrodipping is generally used only by gun enthusiasts, where rifles don't experience much wear other than the dust from the range. Hydrodipping doesn't last any longer than an unprotected coat of paint. Gun skins do, and they protect the gun, since its a physical layer applied over the gun.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
...aka hydrodipping...

professional hydrodipping is generally used only by gun enthusiasts, where rifles don't experience much wear other than the dust from the range. Hydrodipping doesn't last any longer than an unprotected coat of paint. Gun skins do, and they protect the gun, since its a physical layer applied over the gun.
Yes, waterslide decals are mildly similar, but they are applied differently and can hold up to lots of wear of coated correctly. I am not completely familiar to gun skins, do you have any idea what they are made of? I would like to try my hand at making some.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts