Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here i go again guys...

As many of you know, I am getting ready to sell my CA SPR. And with those funds I am thinking about getting another metal lathe. One that I can use inside this time

So this is what I am considering. Making a one off rifle
Making everything here in my house, except for a few items that is.

I have found a few places that I can get a variety of carbon fiber tubes, in various lengths. So thinking of making just about everything out of carbon fiber.

Going to try and make the rifle as light as possible.

So just trying to figure out what rifle to base the parts off of?

I really like the UTG mags how they "spring" out of the rifle when you need the mag out. So that would be a big plus when in the field, that and you can get a 2 pack for around $15.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am drawing it out and workign on it right now.

Just need to decide if I want to do this or get something else

Though been something that I have wanted to do for a while. If I do build it may do a raffle for it. And give it to the winner.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ill tell ya. If I were to make a gun, I would go with one of two concepts that are not in wide use. Or use at all.

#1 Id make a .50 cal style gun. But instead of the little 3/4 piston, Id use a full 1" piston. I mean heck, ya got all that room in there, why limit yourself. then you could achieve higher performace with the same spring tension. The theory is higher air volume.

#2 Id make a HPA gun that internalized the air source. Either in a front stock or in the shoulderstock. Like a 13ci 3000psi tank hidden in the gun with only the regulator external. And all the lines would be internal as well. Nothing exposed.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Both of the above mentioned ideas warrant very good potential; and as far as the Sniper rifle market goes for airsoft; there are plenty of good rifles that have yet to be implemented; or implemented well.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah been looking at a few ideas....

I have found a great place to get carbon fiber, so may try and make an entire rifle out of that ;) Would make for an extremely light weight rifle

Again still need to sell the SPR first.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Make a Tac50, like the gun Rob Furlong uses/used to make the longest recorded sniper kill.

Following are the benifits of this endevor.

#1 Unique gun. No one makes it.
#2 Historically significant design.
#3 Slightly similar to the ASR which you like already.
#4 its a .50cal and everyone likes that.
#5 If you make it, I win the suggestin pool and you can give me the gun.
#6 You could incorporate either one of my ideas from above in this gun, and again I win.

See its just win win and win in this situation.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LMAO!!!

I will have to consider it... Of course with a wrapped carbon fiber barrel... It will look really nice

Would be nice if another company would make a rifle like the TM L96, just to get the mag in the right spot.

·
Registered
109 Posts
OR... You could build an ASR inspired, less than 3-4 lb., madbull chucking, super compact pocket sniper.
You know, with a break down barrel, and an overall collapsed length of 8 inches

·
Registered
132 Posts
The rifle that beat the record was an AI AWSM chambered with the .338 Lapua Magnum. The conditions were perfect and that rifle is designed to get the most out of that round. Still that range is insane and he shot two terrorists at that range which is pretty epic.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a few plans as of right now...

But not going anywhere untill I can sell my SPR...

Though I am coming up for a re-enlistment for the guards. So may be able to get something then ;)

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
woogie said:
I have a few plans as of right now...

But not going anywhere untill I can sell my SPR...

Though I am coming up for a re-enlistment for the guards. So may be able to get something then ;)
Should be a decent bonus ;). I don't remember, are you Army or Air Force? Either way, what's your MOS/AFSC. I'm 2A653 (F-16 Egress 5-Level, at our base, but I'm qualified on every bomber and fighter in the U.S. inventory but the F-22) at the 180th in Toledo, Ohio...not to get off topic, so PM me, but I'm curious.

Either way, free bump, and I've led 1-2 people slightly interested in a new weapon to this link.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks man...

Yeah I am in the Army Guards here in my state. I am a 21B, a combat engineer. We are honestly the army's bomb dogs. Probably one of the most rewarding jobs that I have ever done.

But yeah I am looking at going the full 20, only 11 years left. But with the bonus I should be able to get a lathe as well as a small bit of parts.

I am thinking about putting up a few pics. Just no internals, don't want all my ideas to get stolen ;)

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
I'm 3.5 years in the Air Guard, and thus far planning on doing the 20 - can't beat the deal. I was curious because I went through training with a guy up there in the Air Guard. I can say too it's the best job I've had, and am looking to go a medical officer route once I finish up college. Sorry to sidetrack this thread, but I was curious...

Hopefully this sells for you so you can keep that bonus 100%, but I'd love to see what you can come up with if you get the lathe. If you wouldn't mind, I may even have some work to send your way for a price if you're interested.

*EDIT*
This thread has some excess reply's on it too, let me know what, if any you would like removed and I'll get them out of here for you so it's a little less cluttered.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
** UPDATE **

Well been looking at some lathes... and I have a few picked out. Now just need to wait until I get my stuff sold.

I have also been looking at a few rifles and have been thinking it would be fun to mod an M82 somehow. I just don't want an electric M82, so if I do get one would rip all of that out and make it VSR compatible. So if I go this route is there anyone that would want some internals?

*EDIT*

Well have a few lathes that I really like. I am waiting till I sell my SPR as well as a few other things around my house. But I have been talking with both Dutton as well as Fuzzy, and have came up with quite a bit of good ideas.

So stay tuned and I hope this will happen, and hopefully change the way we think of a spring rifle.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well have quite a few ideas and plans that I am ready to get started on.

I go in tomorrow and figure out my college stuff with the guards, and possibly sign up for another 6 years. So my lathe could possibly be coming shortly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.