Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have been planning to install a CA 6.04 in my ASR but was not able to find any kind of barrel cut for an APS 2 locally, so I cut my own. Let me first say that there is more than one way to do this, this is just how I did it and I hope that this comes into handy for some of you out there that may need to do this in the future. If you have found your own method for doing this please share!

(I will add pics once I find the cable for my camera, but here is a step by step until then)

1. Set the barrels side by side and mark the cuts that you need to make with something visible. I used a wax pencil that I got from work, but a normal pencil works fine if you can see it. For cuts around the barrel you can use tape wrapped around to keep an even line.

2. Set up a work station. I took two nails and nailed through a piece of 1/4" plywood to give it a little bit of elevation over my work surface and left the nails sticking out so that the barrel would be straight.

3. Make your cuts. I started with the circular cuts and then did the linear cut down the length.
For the circular cut I first placed the original barrel against the nails and got a feel for how deep the cutting disc needed to go. Then I placed the barrel I wanted to cut in and slowly edged the dremel closer while spinning the barrel with my fingers against the nails. IMPORTANT: On this cut it is best to go slowly, although using a dremel is faster than a file, it is better to make it take a little longer than to slip and cut a hole through your barrel.

For the linear cuts I pulled the barrel into the stops and slid the barrel left to right until the cut was the right depth.

4. Compare and finish the barrels by simply holding them side-by-side and comparing the cut depths and widths. Once they are close enough you can finish it off with some small files if necessary, but mainly you just want to make sure that there are no metal shards sticking up that could possibly cut up your bucking or fall into your barrel, so make sure that you clean your barrel before installing it.

Like I said, I will post pics some time tomorrow morning when I find my cable, I just wanted to get this up before I completely forget.

· Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have just been using the stock hop up hole. and on the first barrel I did it was brass, so yeah, it only took about 30 min to make all the cuts... but this one was a stainless CA barrel, and I really didnt feel like spending the next hour or two filing away at my barrel trying to get it to fit.

The cuts worked perfectly btw, installed it today, didnt have time to zero for a range report yet though... or find the cable for my blasted camera....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.