Action Army Cylinder
Action Army Hop Up Chamber
Action Army Spring Guide
Action Army M150 Spring
Action Army Zero Trigger
Action Army Inner Barrel 6.03
Maple Leaf 70° Bucking
Maple Leaf Nub Tensioner

Now my VSR-10 shoots 550 FPS, and I'm only allowed to shoot 500 FPS, so I need to cut my spring. I know my spring will lose some energy after a while, but I'm not quite sure how much FPS it'll lose.
And I've no clue on how much FPS I'll lose when I cut 1 coil, so how many coils do you recommend me to cut?

Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Jordy

·
Registered
18 Posts
In a nutshell, give the spring a few weeks or so inside the cylinder plus a fair few rounds through it to let it settle, then cut one coil at a time, reassembling and checking the fps each time. Will probably be 1-2 coils off at a guesstimate but worth doing it a coil at a time to be sure.

For a more indepth view on the subject I would reccomend 1tonnes guide found on his signature titled 'Choosing the right spring and making it work' but for the life of me I can't seem to insert a link, think its my stupid phone.

Hope this helps,

Cheers, Y0

P.s I think its good form to post an intro in the new members section if you haven't already.

·
Registered
249 Posts
No, do not let a new spring settle if you plan on cutting it.

If you do, when you cut it, there will be a gap inside the cylinder and piston and whatever.

AA springs are good. Mine at least a year old and only lost 10 fps.

Cut 2-3 coils.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I removed three coils today. With the Hop-Up completely turned on I got an average of 496 FPS. This way I'll pas the chrono test. With the Hop-Up in the right position, I think the FPS is about 510. So that will be about 500FPS once the spring has settled :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.