Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know if anyone knows how to remove a cylinder head for a VSR-10 that has no pin. It looks like the cylinder head is crimped on? Please help I need to upgrade.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been to that website already and searched everywhere else on the web but haven't found any information about my difficult piece,lol. Thanks

Here are the pictures hope someone can help me.

This is the head, the tip is broken off. If you notice there is no hole that I can place a little allen wrench to unscrew it.

This is a picture showing the crimping, if you notice right below the cylinder head there is a little indention.

Another close up pic of the indention. There is no pin hole around the cylinder head that I can drill out either.

There it is, can anyone help me in my quest to upgrade my gun. How do I take off this cylinder head with no hole for a pin and no hole on the side to drill out.
Thanks you for your guys time.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
If there isn't a pin in the cylinder I would grab a pair of pliers and try to get it off.

You are going to need a new cylinder head anyway, so if you mess this one up, no harm done.

This is for a VSR correct? Not one of the clones?

The only reason why I ask, is that a few of the clone rifle makers will crimp the head to the cylinder, thus making it just about impossible to get inside. Take the UTG M324 cylinder, the same thing.

If it is a clone, I would look at getting an entire new cylinder set.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
I would try drilling a partial hole through the top of the cylinder head. Don't go all the way through so you so drill into the piston head. With the second hole, use a pair of needle nose, stick one tip into each hole and attempt it like that. With the crimping, it probably won't be possible to untwist and you'll like have to replace the whole cylinder, but it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The only problem i see with this is because it is crimped even if he got the cylinder head off the treads on the inside maybe completely worthless.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the help, should I go aout getting a new cylinder set for this or just play with my L96 that works. I've read all over that the VSR is really easy upgrade parts wise, does the same thing go for the L96?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.