Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

Cylinder repair

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  inthetallgrass 
#1 ·
I have a UTG L96, with a metal trigger box, and a laylax piston and spring guide. With these hardy internals, I decided to upgrade my spring as well, to a PDI SS 3000 Spring. A combination of the spring power and repeated use has resulted in a problem- the section of the cylinder that attaches to the bolt handle has physically been pulled out of the cylinder body. Short of taking the $150 dive for a new one, does anyone know of some DIY fixes that could fix this puppy?

#7 ·
No welds.... they are crimped on the end.

You could always try and contact leapers, though if you are pushing that large of a spring, it is going to do the same thing as well.

I would suggest getting an upgraded cylinder, and not have to worry about it.

#8 ·
Yeah, you are going to have to run by a local welding school or machine shop and have it done. The school will be cheaper. Just talk the the professor, ask if a student could tig it for you, and pitch him $20 and tell them both thank you. I agree with the above comments, limping your current cylinder along is only going to result in you needing to buy a nicer one eventually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.